What cables?

• Members

Haha well I just launched a new business selling cables...

www.prosoundcables.com

Uhhh it's literally 2 days old. I wouldn't recommend placing an order just yet because I have not recieved my first large order of raw cable and such yet. I've pretty much got the site up so I can get google to crawl it and index it..

Have a look at it though, you really can't beat the quality of cable I'm putting together at that price..

• Members

Learn how to solder, spend $40 to $50 on a good soldering iron, and then make your own cables using Canare cabling (they have skinny stuff that's good for pedalboards and thicker stuff that's good for instruments).

Then just buy some decent connectors depending on your needs and budget and Do-It-Yourself.

• Members

I know how to solder and want to keep it under $200. Where can I buy the cable and connecters?

www.partsexpress.com for connectors. I get my Mogami cable from a top secret source. :cool:

Really though my cables on pro sound cables are priced a mere $7 over what the raw materials cost, excluding shipping and tax costs even. I can do any custom lengths.

• Members

Haha well I just launched a new business selling cables...

www.prosoundcables.com

Uhhh it's literally 2 days old. I wouldn't recommend placing an order just yet because I have not recieved my first large order of raw cable and such yet. I've pretty much got the site up so I can get google to crawl it and index it..

Have a look at it though, you really can't beat the quality of cable I'm putting together at that price..

Um, $18 for a six inch patch cable is pretty insane.

• Members

Um, $18 for a six inch patch cable is pretty insane.

Not for the quality of components being used. Those Neutrik connectors are about $4 each themselves.

Plus look:

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-Jumper%20Cable-Pedal-Coupler-Angled-End?sku=340008

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-Jumper-Cable-Pedal-Coupler?sku=332101

But since you just said that I will lower the price on that pedal coupler cable by a few bucks before the site officially launches.

Did you happen to look at the actual guitar and microphone cable prices and compare them to the Mogami retail prices?

• Members

Learn how to solder, spend $40 to $50 on a good soldering iron, and then make your own cables using Canare cabling (they have skinny stuff that's good for pedalboards and thicker stuff that's good for instruments).

Then just buy some decent connectors depending on your needs and budget and Do-It-Yourself.

I'm in the DIY group on this one.

I like Canare GS-6 cable with Canare F-15 plugs. Unfortunately, they don't make a right-angle 1/4" TS plug (that I know of).

Archived