NRPD!!

turnitto11

• Members

New Rehoused Pedal Day!!!

My modified GGG fuzz face was my first build and it was incredibly sloppy. So, I got a new enclosure and rewired the whole thing and threw it into this enclosure:

IMG_6428.jpg

Here's the guts for all you pedal nerds:

IMG_6439.jpg

Let me know what you think!!

• Members

BC108C work-a-likes from small bear. The stock GGG transistors included in the kit were very low gain and pretty muddy.. So I bought some BC108's, BC108C's, and BC109's from small bear. I like the 8C's the best cuz they were the highest gain and gave me the best sound. They all sounded pretty similiar though, I'm sure in a band situation you'd hear no difference.

I also modded the input cap form 2.2uf aluminum electrolyte to .047 metal film. It cuts through a mix better now and made it brighter and less muddy.

• Members

BC108C work-a-likes from small bear. The stock GGG transistors included in the kit were very low gain and pretty muddy.. So I bought some BC108's, BC108C's, and BC109's from small bear. I like the 8C's the best cuz they were the highest gain and gave me the best sound. They all sounded pretty similiar though, I'm sure in a band situation you'd hear no difference.

I also modded the input cap form 2.2uf aluminum electrolyte to .047 metal film. It cuts through a mix better now and made it brighter and less muddy.

Are these silicon or germanium transistors?

• Members

I want to build the same kit but with germanium transistors. I'm going after a Dallas Arbiter-like fuzz tone. Think Greg Sage of The Wipers with an SG Classic through a Fuzz Face-type pedal into an Ampeg VT-22 or Gemini I. I'm pretty sure he would have been using a decade-old pedal with germanium transistors...so that's what I want.

Anyway, the new enclosure looks much nicer. Where did you source it?

Archived