iPhone/Pod App - Sonoma 4 track?

• Members

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=294768646&mt=8

http://www.sonomawireworks.com/guide/index.php/FourTrack_FAQ

Anyone else tried this yet?

The sound quality is what you would expect; but for composing drafts, I'm pretty astonished. I tried GigBaby! also, but the latency against the metronome was dismal. I hope they get that updated out.

I haven't played with RiffWorld yet, but it's on the list of things to do.

I also ordered one of these so I can hook in a mini-mixer. Does anyone have any recommendations for a super-small battery-powered micro-mixer with line level inputs/outputs?

Add to all of this one of these, and I'm ready to head out to the French countryside and write my next album.

Fourtrack-slide-to-record.png

10633_1.jpg

Solio01.jpg

• Members

Oh that is so cool. I never though of using my IPOD as a recording interface. This just makes life so much simpler.

I just downloaded fourtrack, now I need some kinda mic. What's a good way to get my ipod to record my speaker cab? My cab has XLR direct outputs too, but what's a good mic for the ipod to do serious recordings. I think I'm gonna buy some nice stuff to make this work somehow.

• Members
Oh that is so cool. I never though of using my IPOD as a recording interface. This just makes life so much simpler.

I just downloaded fourtrack, now I need some kinda mic. What's a good way to get my ipod to record my speaker cab? My cab has XLR direct outputs too, but what's a good mic for the ipod to do serious recordings. I think I'm gonna buy some nice stuff to make this work somehow.

Well, I don't think the iPod is adequate for "serious recordings" unfortunately. The sound quality is not pro by any stretch, though neither was Bee Thousand, which is one of my favorite records of all time :idk: But it definitely works great as a preproduction tool, or composition drafting tool.

Definitely get one of these cables: http://www.etopsell.com/10633.html

That will open up possibilities, like the Edirol mixer that melx posted.

• Members

has anyone tried recording a band rehearsal with the 4 track? Just curious...I may try it tonight. No mic...just start the app and let it go...

No, but last night I tried recording my classical guitar using the Apple headset mic, and it sounded pretty damn good, all things considered. If it sounds decent with that, I'll bet it could sound shockingly good with a good mic and a mixer.

• Members

I would love for EHX to re-release the Mini-Mixer so it can be used with an iPhone or iPod. It could be called the Nano-Mixer :idea:

It should include a minimum of these features:

1. pocket-size and battery operated, with an option to power off of a USB port

2. 1/4" headphone jack and level control

3. at least 2 channels (one with a 1/4" input, and one with an XLR input), level knob, pan knob, and clip indicator

4. stereo RCA inputs for monitoring from the iPod

5. mono RCA output to send to the iPod

6. master level knob

7. EQ would be cool, but not if it takes away from the portability. Flat response is fine.

EHminimixer.jpg

Mini-Mixer-1.jpg

Archived