Large Studio sale(Xpander, Jupiter 6, Pro One, OB1)

• Members

Hey guys I am selling off my studio, well the vintage synths. Not because I need money but because I have been re evaluating what I want to do as a artist.

Xpander $2000.00

Was recently serviced by Armin here in NY. Some knicks and scratches on this old bird but overall in very fine condition, all voices, filters, osc tune.

Jupiter 6 $1300.00

Again was recently serviced by Armin. Amazing shape I would say near mint Everything works.

Pro One $800.00

Pretty amazing condition, with the exception of the keyboard, I believe it just needs cleaning, it absolutely sucks though...

Oberheim OB1 $800.00

Not really sure what this should be going for as I suppose they are getting kinda rare, as seen better days. Modulation knob for osc 1 doesnt work. tunes and stays there, probably the most amazing filter, and really snappy envelopes.

Ill post pictures of these over the next few days. I really want to avoid ebay and the scams etc, but these will go up in 2 weeks.

2465107619_1a56512990_b.jpg

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey guys I am selling off my studio, well the vintage synths. Not because I need money but because I have been re evaluating what I want to do as a artist.

Are you going the softsynth route? I did the same thing several years ago, now I find that I'm developing more of an interest in video production instead of music.

That's some nice gear you're selling, BTW.

• Members

Max and reaktor... Not to mention my nagra tape recorder....

Not that that isn't awesome software, but really? Why not a newer analog? You must be bored and looking to try something new :p because there is no replacing that stuff.

• Members

How would you compare the Pro-One to the OB-1, as far as sound, synthesis capability, etc?

I've GASsed for a Pro-One for a while now, but the OB-1 has me intrigued as well. What's the serial # of the Pro-One?

• Members

You can come over and play it any time ...
:wave:

I don't know. From your pictures I'm afraid I'll be infected by Cheektowaga-style kitsch. Do you have a pink flamingo (or two, or more) in your front lawn?

Anyway, I've always wanted to try out an OB1, but the prices they go for aren't worth some of the architectural limitations (especially compared to the Pro One). The OB1 uses 3340 VCOs but a SEM filter. Must be nice though, irregardless of its limitations.

• Members

jupiter62ca8.jpg

As I told John tonight on the phone ... I didn't think I'd ascend the analog ladder quite so rapidly. I like to take things slowly. But I just couldn't pass this up ... (I really like that it was recently given a clean bill of health by a tech.)

Of course, who wouldn't rather have a JP-8 ... ?

But it's a real VCO polyphonic analog with huge hands-on playability ... the old Roland bender/mod section which is killer even on my Juno-106; nifty dual arps and dual portamento ... split mode! ... workable MIDI ... and the option for the EUROPA MIDI upgrade which makes it an even more versatile synth and really jazzes up the arp section and I believe restores the "random" function that was removed from the JP-6 from the 8. But I don't know if that's for the waveform or something else; and much more.

What I'm also terrible excited about is the UNISON mode ... Supposedly better than the JP-8s ... (What's 'better,' anyway?)

EDIT: My GAS for a JP-8 has subdued since owning the 6 for a while now ...

From some of the demos I listed to tonight, it remind me A LOT of my Juno-106s ... but thicker and more complex ... That's a great thing, to me ... But I love the enhanced controls of the JP-6 (even though they are quite similar) ... I'm hoping the Europa upgrade will allow my to send sys ex to the Juno-106 ... I can't wait to hear them together ... J-Bliss!

Fortunately, it doesn't seem like it's redundant to have a JP-6 + JP-8, which is exactly what shall be (in as long as it takes to get one starting now 'cause the pri ... )

ishackimagebg3.jpg

• Members

I'd like to see pics too... and Sizzlemeister and I might be fighting over those mono synths. ;)

I saw it first! No, I did! MOOOOMMM!!!! Sizzle won't share the OB-1! :lol:

Oh, and the correct term is "doohickey". As in "adjust that filter doohickey". ;)

Archived