Going to be in downtown San Francisco - recommend a guitar store

hangwire

• Members

Just found out on the way to the airport that I suddenly will have 4 hours to kill this early evening in downtown financial district

any place I go to needs to be walked to

I'll check this thread after I land, any suggestions on interesting guitar shops down abouts that area? I know there is one north of Chinatown that had lots of new danectro stock, but looking for others

thanks!

• Members
Honestly... Your best bet is to stay in the airport. By the time you get to downtown it'll be time to head back especially with security being what it is these days.

Why do you think I am at the airport when I said I am downtown in the financial district :confused:

• Members

All the best ones have been suggested already - Rocker (best), Real, and Haight Ashbury. However, I don't know about walking distance from downtown financial district - it's going to be a bit of a walk. Maybe grab a cab or bus. Also, you mentioned early evening. Better check to see if they are open. They may close at 6:00. Guitar Center on Van Ness is open later, but it's nothing special, just regular GC.

• Members

might hit rocker tommorrow as it is near a spectator spot for the marathon

Another question:

Any bars downtown (I'm on market and embacadero) that show baseball from all over the country on different tvs? Feel like catching the brewers game.

Archived