Deluxe Memory Man Question...

emuhunter

• Members

I'm sort of in the boondocks, about 2 hours from a GC or other really huge music store. I was in one of the local shops today to see about ordering a DMM for myself, I've played with one awhile ago and I can FINALLY afford my own... The shop owner basically refused to order it for me, because he says it'll "never sound as good in an effect chain as some of these really nice Boss effects" and then tried to steer my towards a DD-20 he had in stock.

Not knocking Boss Delays, they're really great quality I'm sure but... It's not a Memory Man with all those uber sweet MM features!!

Is there any truth to what he's saying? I'm not looking for teh brootalz or whatev. I play a Les Paul or SG Classic into an AC30 H2, sometimes through a few pedals (clean boost, OCD, MXR Dynacomp, Ibanez CS 505, and a Holy Grail).

Just wanted some feedback on this, thanks!

• Members

I'm sort of in the boondocks, about 2 hours from a GC or other really huge music store. I was in one of the local shops today to see about ordering a DMM for myself, I've played with one awhile ago and I can FINALLY afford my own... The shop owner basically refused to order it for me, because he says it'll "never sound as good in an effect chain as some of these really nice Boss effects" and then tried to steer my towards a DD-20 he had in stock.

Not knocking Boss Delays, they're really great quality I'm sure but... It's not a Memory Man with all those uber sweet MM features!!

Is there any truth to what he's saying? I'm not looking for teh brootalz or whatev. I play a Les Paul or SG Classic into an AC30 H2, sometimes through a few pedals (clean boost, OCD, MXR Dynacomp, Ibanez CS 505, and a Holy Grail).

Just wanted some feedback on this, thanks!

it's apples and oranges. i have a deluxe memory man that I will always have, and I'm trying out a boss dd-7 that I might take back . . . it's getting beat by the digitech dl-8.

the boss delays, like the dd-20, do different things than the ehx. the memory man is just a shortish analog delay with modulation that you can add to the delay. its sound is unmatched. the dd-20 does all kinds of stuff and really long digital delays and presets and tap tempo and all that jazz. but it sounds different. you can't get it to sound like a dmm.

Archived