Free download of my band's EP if you are interested.

BTBAM

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

BTBAM, would it be OK to burn this to CD and use it as set break music for my gigs? I am really liking it so far!!!

Not a problem at all. I also have a file of about 13 solo songs right now too if you are looking for filler.

• Members
Not a problem at all. I also have a file of about 13 solo songs right now too if you are looking for filler.

sure :love:

not filler but something to "cleanse the palette" between sets...

a scoop of fresh, clean, tasty music to wash away the residues

• Members

I didn't get it - sounded really boring to me. I love your influences, but you could try and be a bit more interesting melodically.

Problem is that there are hundreds of bands doing what you are doing too and there's so little here that makes it stand out.

• Members

Okay, I just listened to it twice at work. First it played unrecognized until I noticed that I did not know it and looked up what's playing. Damn nice instrumental sounds. Compositions and arrangements well done!

Then after the third track I noticed that something bothered me. It's not that "all your songs sound the same" feeling. Your EP was queued in with A.Armada and the Yawning Sons album. The all-over sound of your EP is way too shallow in comparision to even more post-rock'y music. If you ever consider mixing and mastering the songs again, try to give it a bit more depth and balls and make it a bit wider perhaps. You all have layed down great tracks that deserve a massive sound.

/constructive critisism :wave:

• Members
Okay, I just listened to it twice at work. First it played unrecognized until I noticed that I did not know it and looked up what's playing. Damn nice instrumental sounds. Compositions and arrangements well done!

Then after the third track I noticed that something bothered me. It's not that "all your songs sound the same" feeling. Your EP was queued in with
A.Armada
and the
Yawning Sons
album. The all-over sound of your EP is way too shallow in comparision to even more post-rock'y music. If you ever consider mixing and mastering the songs again, try to give it a bit more depth and balls and make it a bit wider perhaps. You all have layed down great tracks that deserve a massive sound.

/constructive critisism
:wave:

I think a lot of that is just how we recorded it.

We recorded the whole ep in a 14 hour block. We didn't break things down part for part and record them using different arrangements of pedals/guitars/amps for tones, we just recorded it how we typically played, and maybe took a few parts over.

It obviously isn't very polished sounding, especially compared to those who sit down a lot longer with their work, but I kind of like that sound too it, that and for a first demo I think it's alright. Obviously there is a lot I would change. There are some parts I don't think sound right, lots of tones I would have done differently.

We aren't really trying to be an instrumental band, these are just how our music sounds, we just don't have a singer right now. We had one and right before we started playing shows we found out he couldn't actually remember any ideas or lines he previously came up with and just wanted to freestyle at the shows. We didn't want that, so we continued instrumental for the time being. Lots of people at the shows seem to really enjoy it, but we as the band all know we'd like to add more too it, but we wanted to get something out to get into the peoples hands.

We have a lot of work to do on the textures and how much is going on at one time...a lot of that has to do with our second guitarist we added on.

Oh well.

Thanks for the criticism!

• 5 months later...

Archived