The Official EHX Memory Boy Lounge

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Can anyone comment as to how the memory boy does with a fuzz before it? Sound glorious?

I'm inches from buying one...

It's cool but i found I need to be subtle with the repeats because the repeats are pretty murky, but with a bright fuzz (i used a fuzz probe for this) it's more suited. I'd say its good for ambience with fuzz, but not for repeating your notes if you know what i mean.

What kind of delay setting did you have in mind? I'll try it out..

• Members

a few more I dun

[YOUTUBE]UuitTNibauo[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]o_mDQbj2_YM[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]vFYKRjlkoZI[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]XaCW8VVAyB8[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]XaCW8VVAyB8[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]Mx941lt2Koc[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]Buo3t8Kcgs8[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]ZuU_w964Kj0[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Just got mine in the mail and brought the rock. It was awesome. I must say the modulation depth gets way tooo crazy and I barely even have it on (probably will never use it past 8:30). It really adds some awesome space to my playing without being an annoying delay. Very dark but for my application it's perfection. My board is pitchblack->flying tomato->memory boy (->rc-2 for at home) and I couldn't be happier.

• Members
Just got mine in the mail and brought the rock. It was awesome. I must say the modulation depth gets way tooo crazy and I barely even have it on (probably will never use it past 8:30). It really adds some awesome space to my playing without being an annoying delay. Very dark but for my application it's perfection. My board is pitchblack->flying tomato->memory boy (->rc-2 for at home) and I couldn't be happier.

:thu:

I'm loving mine. I can't wait to fiddle with it again this weekend.

• Members

yeap, it's dark and soft and moist and fluffy and soothing and wraps around you like a bacon hug

• Members

edited:

I can't get it to get a nice, lush modulation. Only a acidish pitch shifting sound or a depressiong downbeat sound... How do I get that nice, warm lush swirliness?

Without the expression pedal, this will get you into DMM territory:

vibrato switch

sawtooth switch

delay time: 3:00 +/- to taste

depth: 8:00 +/- to taste

blend: 12:00

• Members

I can't get it to get a nice, lush modulation. Only a acidish pitch shifting sound or a depressiong downbeat sound... How do I get that nice, warm lush swirliness?

I've been getting the best results putting the delay time between 7 and 9 o'clock, set the depth, blend, feedback controls around noon to start and try all three positions on the chorus/vibrato switch, the middle is an in between speed.

Archived