Splitter question...

cmw

• Members

I finally finished Building my rack cases and got them all loaded, but I've hit a snag.

I need to split the line level signal coming from my preamp mixer. Two channels, they need to go down to my "dry" amp (peavey classic 50/50) and also over to the splitter in the "wet" rack. I'm already using two Nobels Split Masters, and I really don't want to get a third because it's kinda overkill for this and the are hard as hell to come by in the US these days.

Can anybody recommend a two-channel unbalanced 1/4" splitter (2x4)? Or can I get away with using a Y-Connector from "The Shack" since I'm dealing with line level signals?

Here's a pic of my rack, if you're curious:

rack_diy_05.jpg

• Members

balancer.jpg

This handy tool balances and isolates a single line level signal or lets you send a line level signal to two destinations with transformer balancing and isolation for one or both of the outputs. The balancing provides superior noise rejection when you have equipment with unbalanced outputs that need to feed equipment with balanced inputs. The transformer isolation helps eliminate unwanted hum and buzz caused by power line and grounding issues.

In ISO mode the signal is passed directly through to one output and transformer isolated to the second output.

In SPLIT mode the signal is transformer isolated to both outputs with a resulting 6dB drop in level at each output.

A ground lift switch is provided for each output.

Both a female XLR and a 1/4" TRS jack are provided for the input signal. Male XLR connectors are used for the output signals.

Also available in a 2-channel iso/balancer unit (without splitting) for stereo applications. See the ISO-2 .

Operating Level:
Input: -10dBm to +26dBm
Output: -10dBm to +26dBm (ISO mode), -16dBm to +20dBm (SPLIT mode)
Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz

• Members

Just an update ... I picked up a couple Hosa mono 1/4" splitters and that seemed to do the job, though the back of the rack is starting to look like spaghetti. Next job is to install some cable managent solutions.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Archived