GC sale

surfcat

• Members

more often than not GC sales seem to be them simply getting rid of all their junk. sometimes you can find some good stuff, but I've had little luck.

My greentag purchases have been pretty lack luster

=Import hamer guitar for $250. Id tried a similar one a year or so before. originally $550.- later seemed that the truss rod or some part of the mechanism was broken.

-Pair of pickups - only one worked, luckily they took them back.

-old school dan electro cool cat chorus. dont recall the price, but it distorted even when bypassed.

-a pair of boss DS1's for $19 each- Not a bad deal. I bought them with the idea of modding them. still havent got around to it.

GC is still good for picks, strings, cables. The store near my house charges like $8 for a pack of strings... even if you buy 10. I think i have bought more recording stuff at GC than guitar stuff though.

It also depends on the store though. some GC stores totally suck. some are ok if you know the right people to talk to there.

• Members

im going. they have better prices and selection than mom and pop stores. the small shops around here have very high prices and act bothered when you walk through the door and they have to turn off their $6000 marshall clone for a few minutes. im not concerned with internet hipster opinion.

i regularly get used gear for half what itd go for on ebay/ hc. DD3 for $30, SK8 hardshell LP case $35 (basically brand new), small stone $25, tons of other examples. if i have to buy it from someone dressed in all black with a fauxhawk, so be it.

:)

• Members

I picked up two $20.00 tuners for $5.00 each and gave one to my son. I picked up a guitar stand for $5.00 and a brand new Russian Big Muff Pi for $36.00. Plus I had fun, tried out a few guitars and amps. Put a Fender telecaster on layaway for my bass player to pickup tomorrow, not a bad way to kill 2 hours.:thu:

Archived