my self built tele

hangwire

• Members

started as this :

15md5wj.jpg

and ended as this:

21o52dg.jpg

sorry about the old pic and not close up, can't find one online???

cake bastictshst thread reminded me of mustang guitars, and that was the color palette I wanted in this attempt to make a tele I could actually like... which I feel I had accomplished

ok, good night all...

• Members

did you "self-built" the tele or just put new pickups/hardware on it?

I guess parts-caster might be more acccurate verbage-

it is all different pieces that I assembled in my own style

The nonreverse firebird is from a tree I cut down and milled.... Routed myself too.... Bought the neck and pickups though

• Members

That's an original? It looks so clean.

Pretty sure that's the cheap-o reissue. Back in the day I got one packaged with an Epiphone SG Vintage. Sounded like crap. I couldn't find one single useful setting on it unless I just wanted white noise. It and the SG got stolen from my church a few years ago, and I never bothered looking for the Fuzztone.

I found the guitar in a pawn shop but the police told me I'd have to BUY IT BACK from the shop and then try to find out who stole it and press charges. I didn't have the cash to buy it a second time, so it sat in the shop. Next time I came in, it was gone. Way to support the victim of a theft, arbiters of the law.

EDIT: I'm now almost positive it's the reissue- you can see the Gibson logo on the bottom left corner of the back plate. It looks like "Nashville, Tennessee" underneath it... which means it's a reissue.

• Members

Pretty sure that's the cheap-o reissue. Back in the day I got one packaged with an Epiphone SG Vintage. Sounded like crap. I couldn't find one single useful setting on it unless I just wanted white noise. It and the SG got stolen from my church a few years ago, and I never bothered looking for the Fuzztone.

I found the guitar in a pawn shop but the police told me I'd have to BUY IT BACK from the shop and then try to find out who stole it and press charges. I didn't have the cash to buy it a second time, so it sat in the shop. Next time I came in, it was gone. Way to support the victim of a theft, arbiters of the law.

EDIT: I'm now almost positive it's the reissue- you can see the Gibson logo on the bottom left corner of the back plate. It looks like "Nashville, Tennessee" underneath it... which means it's a reissue.

I had both at the same time so I can't say with accuracy if that was the reissue or original and I can't find the other pics online, but I disagree and think that fuzz is great for what it is... basically an MXR micro amp with a hairy fizz that gates in good relation to the pick attack... if they could add a clean blend pot, I would rock that as my only dirt pedal...

• Members

I had both at the same time so I can't say with accuracy if that was the reissue or original and I can't find the other pics online, but I disagree and think that fuzz is great for what it is... basically an MXR micro amp with a hairy fizz that gates in good relation to the pick attack... if they could add a clean blend pot, I would rock that as my only dirt pedal...

To each their own. I twisted and twisted those knobs and never found anything subtle or functional. Maybe mine was broken? Or maybe I've just never liked fuzz until I got my Big Muff?

Archived