Just snagged a 2nd Electro Harmonix Echoflanger on eBay.

willhaven

• Members

Had I known you wanted it I wouldn't have kept bidding it up! Oh well.

I already have a polychorus, but the name/graphic is way cooler on the echoflanger.

Cooler is debatable. More rare? Absolutely.

I actually think I prefer the look of the Polychorus. I have the same vintage Small Stone that's black with the big red/orange block. I dig that look.

• Members

the polychorus and echoflanger can't be exactly the same.. at least the original echoflanger and current polychorus can't. The BBD chips are rather different. The echoflanger uses Reticon chips (at least my echoflanger has reticon chips) and the polychorus uses Panasonic chips. They each have a different sound in my opinion.

• Members

the polychorus and echoflanger can't be exactly the same.. at least the original echoflanger and current polychorus can't. The BBD chips are rather different. The echoflanger uses Reticon chips (at least my echoflanger has reticon chips) and the polychorus uses Panasonic chips. They each have a different sound in my opinion.

True. I just responded to a thread about this in the EHX forum: http://www.ehx.com/forums/viewthread/1754/#14942

I've been using my RI Stereo PolyChorus this week, in stereo fully panned with headphones. Damn, it sounds so wide, lush, and lovely :love: When I turn it off, it's such a letdown to play in mono again.

But my PolyFlange definitely has a tone of its own, and plenty of MOJO.

• Members

ya. both are amazing pedals.

True. I just responded to a thread about this in the EHX forum:
http://www.ehx.com/forums/viewthread/1754/#14942

I've been using my RI Stereo PolyChorus this week, in stereo fully panned with headphones. Damn, it sounds so wide, lush, and lovely
:love:
When I turn it off, it's such a letdown to play in mono again.

But my PolyFlange definitely has a tone of its own, and plenty of MOJO.

• Members

So what you're saying is you paid 300 dollars for an older, less-colorful version of a currently being produced pedal. Can I ask why?

Collectibility. Rarity.

Most of my EHX effects that I use are reissue. Just these two Echoflangers and a Small Stone are vintage.

That said, I bought my dad out of his pedal collection last year. He still has them all, but at some point I'm going to take over 200+ vintage collectible stomp boxes. At one point I think he said it would cost $3-400 just to put 9V batteries in all of the pedals that use them.

I guess I grew up as a bit of a gear snob.

Archived