Jarate, eh?

amarr1

• Members

Actually, I think he followed the directions listed in the link i posted above, he just substituted sugar for honey for more alcohol though. Still tasted great, for liquor, that is.

Here is an easy recipe to make a yellow alcoholic beverage that your friends will swear is urine in a mason jar, but in reality is a delicious carbonated refreshment fit for a crusty sniper ( especially quenching during those lengthy TF2 stalemates.) Read on to check out my homebrew recipe which will make 12 litres of "Jarate".

#1. Buy 10 cans of apple juice ( pure pressed ) and pour 9 of them into a suitable container. You must be able to keep the container airtight, so using a carboy (large glass bottle) is best. You can use a large pot or bucket and cover the top with plastic wrap.

#2. Heat up the last can of juice to a near boil, then add 1 cup of honey or sugar and dissolve.

#3. Add the hot sweet mix to the rest of the juice, then add bread yeast to the now warm mixture. Be certain to poke a small hole in the plastic, or plug the top of your carboy with an airlock device ( this allows the CO2 that is generated during fermentation to escape, and it keeps the oxygen out.)

That's it! in 10 days time the yeast will have fermented the mixture down to an alcoholic beverage (6-7%) that your friends will think is pee. Keep extra Jarate in mason jars next to your computer, because you never know when you'll need a sip. Duty!

Notes: The longer you wait the better it tastes and the clearer it looks. Using wine yeast or champagne yeast ( $.80 a package ) produces a fairer tasting Jarate. Adding more sugar will boost the final alcohol content, but too much will kill the yeast so be modest. Do not bottle the Jarate before the recommended fermentation period; otherwise you could explode your bottles due to excess carbonation.

• Members
the latter, something like this:

AppleJuice.jpg

To be honest, I don't think you can {censored} this up. My friend is a {censored}ing idiot.

Ah, so im guessing I could just buy a big jug of apple juice.
Set some aside to add the sugar/honey.
Then put the sweet mixture back in the original apple juice container.
Add yeast, and let ferment.

Archived