Barge Concepts.. Anyone get stuff from him? Does he post here?

n!k

• Members

So, I ordered a DVB from his eBay account on July 27th. The auction said it would be 15-25 days for it to be completed. After 30 days, I emailed asking how it was coming along. He responded saying it would be shipped out "next week, if not sooner." 21 days later, I emailed again and asked about it, no response. Then, 11 days later I emailed asking for a refund. No response as of yet.

I don't want to have to go through paypal and try to file a claim or anything, but I really wish I would have heard from this guy at some point during this. He was great about answering a question I had a month or so before I decided to buy one.

• Members

Whoa! Bummer news - NOT something I'd heard about these guys at any point in the past. I have their BP-1 & its a FANTASTIC & well built pedal. My wife actually ordered it (Christmas present) and had zero issues.

Hope you can find a good resolution for this & that the B.C. guys are doing okay. :(

I've ordered from them on two separate occasions, no issues. The second time took about a week longer than I expected, but they emailed me about some issues they were having. Hope this gets sorted out without too much fuss.

• Members

I've read of a few people having issues with wait times in recent months with Barge, but none of them were excessive and everyone seemed to have things work out happily in the end.

My Barge Grinder is one of the, if not the most, well built pedal I own and have had my hands on. Cosmetically and sonically it gets a 10. Good luck with your pedal, hope you get things worked out soon. Seems like Barge needs an employee (or more of them) to keep up with biz these days.

• Members
They are good people. You have to remember that they are a small company and I know that they get snowed under with orders at times.

Bingo! :thu:

I've got a couple of their pedals and these guys are straight up. The wait time the OP refers to is very unusual for these guys so I'm going to assume what my NZ brethern has already referred to here is most likely the case. I've not heard or read one bad thing about them and their products are superb. I also know what G.A.S. is and I understand your frustration but I believe they'll take care of you sooner than later. :cool:

• Members

there was a long delay in getting my VFB-2 a couple of years back. it took several months and initially the communication was poor and emails unanswered then they sent a block email to customers apologising for the delay.

at the end of that year they sent a follow up email offering everyone who bought something in that year 20% off any other future purchase the following year. nice gesture.

• Members

I was one of the first forumites to do business with Barge Concepts when they released the BB-1 a few years ago. I don't recall any serious difficulties with the transaction. There may have been a slight delay, but the customer service and communication were top notch.

Archived