Way Huge pork loin is WAY MUDDY???

toneforhire

• Members

The other guitarist in our band decided it would be fun to switch rigs...so I agreed on switching pedals, and to not adjust them...

He has a pork loin and I used my Gibson Les Paul through a Fender twin and this pedal was ALL MUD...way too bassy...I tried adjusting it, tried turning the tone control all the way up, nada...I couldnt tame the mud with the amp or guitar without making it sound like {censored}

so After switching back I realized he never used the loin, and when I told him to play through it wala, a muddy mess

I was like "dude, why is that on your board" he said because it looks cool

He ended up giving it to me for my bass rig, but now I am intrigued...

how do you get this thing (what external and internal settings) to sound good with a fender amp and a humbucker guitar???

• Members

I use the way huge with a VERY bass heavy amp and a hollowbody gretsch with a humbucker. Not exactly an treble heavy set up.

I don't get very much mud.

The thing about the pork loin is it's a "more" pedal. It's VERY transparent. It takes whatever amp/guitar sounds you've got and gives you MORE of it. I find that the clean knob really helps taming any lack of clarity you might get from it. The color knob controls the level of mids injected and if you roll it or the tone knob all the way down it's completely bypassed out of your circuit.

Keep the volume at unity(for me like 9 or 10 o'clock), the gain knob anywhere from 11 o'clock to 1 o'clock. I keep the tone knob either completely off or at 1 o'clock. Color knob usually at noonish. Clean knob at 1 o'clock and voila, badassitude. The internal trimpots mess with things but not a lot so they should be kind of a secondary thought.

This is easily my favorite dirt box ever, it's definitely a major tweaking pedal though. It really does take a bit of effort to figure it out but once you do, it's really hard to get a bad sound out of it.

• Members

I spent two hours last night playing les paul-pork loin-fender blues deluxe (home amp) and I had the loin open and kept messing with the internals...had to drastically adjust the AMPS eq to get it to sound good...which means any other pedals OR my clean tone will sound like {censored}

Im done, its going on my bass board, which I also spent time with and this pedals KILLS with bass...

Archived