OT: So, I went to a country concert last night...

frankiej

• Members

Headliner was Kellie Pickler and fronts were Keith Anderson and Gloriana. And before I get any facepalms the tickets were $3 and I went to see Keith Anderson.

Show was ok though. Gloriana wasn't very good, a bit girly....ya.

Keith Anderson was pretty damn good, he put on a great show and kept the whole crowd entertained.

And now to the relevance and interest to HCFX; Kellie Pickler. She had two guitarist whose taste in gear was damn good.

First guy had an Anderson guitar. It was a beautiful red/black top like they do. His taste in amps is what I found interesting (refer to picture below, perhaps you can ID them. {censored} picture but eh):

10118_165746741776_662626776_3215857_357

One is a Z maz 38 I think? Then the other looks like a divided by 13 maybe?

Saw what looked to be a Bogner Ecstasy. Another was a VHT I could barely see since it was way in the back. There were a couple others but I can't remember them. Wasn't close enough to look at the pedals but they mainly just used dirt really for solos and what not.

The group of girls I went with looked at me weird when I was like "{censored} that is some nice gear," then I proceeded to try to explain why its amazing. The sound at the concert was pretty damn good for the small gym we were in.

Anyways...not that you care but eh, though I'd share.

• Members

You'll never see bands w/ big country talent using less than stellar equipment. Those guys get a lot of money thrown their way to sound good on tour.

I gotta agree here. even if you dont really like country as a genre, its hard to find bad tones on their songs.

• Members

You'll never see bands w/ big country talent using less than stellar equipment. Those guys get a lot of money thrown their way to sound good on tour.

Ya, I know. It was just weird they have all this nice stuff and the kid playing guitar didn't look any older then I was.

• Members

10118_165746741776_662626776_3215857_357

Looks like a Top Hat amp below... The one on top look like the same one Brad Paisley used the other night on Leno.

Paisley was using the Z with a Vox... It's weird seeing country guys use British-style (EL34/EL84) amps... for some reason I always picture country guitarists as using Teles, big Gretschs or Gibsons into a Fender amp... :idk: I guess that's modern Nashville country for you..

• Members

Ya, I know. It was just weird they have all this nice stuff and the kid playing guitar didn't look any older then I was.

The label will usually match the band with the target demographic. I'd guess the people playing for someone like Taylor Swift are 19-25 or so. It would be a pretty cool job if you like touring and stuff.

• Members

Hired guns with sponsorships. And you're right.

A lot of the Top Hat stuff is hybrids between Vox and Fender. I could totally see Country pickers going in that direction especially with Paisley using a lot of Vox.

I'm surprised that more on this forum are not into Top Hat with the love of Deluxe Reverbs, Princeton's and Vox's. I guess they are price prohibitive?

• Members

The label will usually match the band with the target demographic. I'd guess the people playing for someone like Taylor Swift are 19-25 or so. It would be a pretty cool job if you like touring and stuff.

The songs might suck, but playing to pretty much 90% teen girls every night would be pretty rad. Compare that to the demographics at a metal show.

Archived