OT: Need some new jazzy music

thorology

• Members
Jeff Buckley is by far my favorite artist of all time. I've even got a tattoo to his memorial on my arm.
:thu:
But yeah, he has a sweet nice blend of melancholy and jazz in many of his songs.

i maybe was gonna say this anyway, but since you mentioned it... if you haven't already, pick up tim buckley's happy/sad. it's vocally, kinda jazzy, and its jeff buckley's {censored}ing dad. i don't know if it is the best album to start with tim, but it is really, really good.

love,
eor

• Members

i maybe was gonna say this anyway, but since you mentioned it... if you haven't already, pick up tim buckley's happy/sad. it's vocally, kinda jazzy, and its jeff buckley's {censored}ing dad. i don't know if it is the best album to start with tim, but it is really, really good.

love,

eor

yeah, this and/or the morning glory best of are well worth getting.

• Members

love,

eor

I also do have most of Tim Buckley's album and really like his style. A bit more folky at times but good.

• Members

The "Deep Dead Blue" album with Elvis Costello and Bill Frisell seems to be right up your alley. Very melancholy.

Bill Frisell is another guy to just get anything with him.

I just got Deep Dead Blues. Such a beautiful record. I love costello's voice and frisell is one of my favorite players, he comps in a really beautiful way, amazing chord voicings. This record gets my 100% approval.

Archived