Tried a Mastotron on my lunch break

Kid_A

• Members

tried one out today at lunch too! It was really fun. I can see me buying one in the near future. It has a lot of options that make it fun for trying new sounds.

I like mine a lot - It's not too wacky and really controllable - the kind of pedal you buy and use when you need it but never really consider selling it. I think it's a winner that'll be around for a long time.

Love the subs --- Cool feature...

• Members

Is the Mastotron as picky as the Fuzz Factory about where it is in the pedal chain? One of the main reasons I sold my Fuzz Factory was because it wanted to be first in the chain and wouldn't work anywhere else.

Nope. It has a source impedance knob (relax/push) that lets you adjust it to fit in.

• Members

What'd you make of the amp, Daz? Or did you stomp the fuzz on straight away? I love mine and HFD has been praising his for years now.

I was actually really surprised at how nice the amp was... never tried one before and never wanted to... but it had that beautiful glassy fender sound and the classic fender reverb thang going on. Its just way way out of my budget :( But Andy (hearfeltdawn) is addicted to them :)

I've decided i am gonna get the mastotron, i totall agree with Monkeybot, its one of those highly usable pedals that will always come in handy.

Archived