Which Vibe pedal is for me?

vidnotlaw

• Members

I am looking at purchasing a vibe pedal for stoner/doom/sludge type of metal. Any help/suggestions/comparisons on the following pedals would be helpful:

Retroman Ubervibe

KR Musical Megavibe

Prescription Electronics Vibe-Unit

Fulltone Mini DejaVibe

Sweet Sound Mojo Vibe (would have to purchase used)

Effectrode Tube-Vibrato

Added from others suggestions:

Mojo Hand Luna Vibe

Lovepedal Pickle Vibe

Feel free to make any other recommendation.

Thanks in advance,

Vid

• Members

Thanks for the great suggestions. I did check out the Lovepedal Pickle Vibe... my only concern is that it is not very 'tweakable'. I really like the idea of having control over volume/depth(intensity)/speed. I played a Danelectro Cool Cat Vibe and thought it sounded descent... but the volume increase when the pedal is engaged is rediculous! It renders the pedal completely un-usable for me.

Right now I am leaning towards the Retroman UberVibe. I think price wise and the 'tweakability' of the pedal is very nice. Any body have any experience with the UberVibe? Pro/Cons? Comparison with other vibe pedals.

Can the Whetstone do Vibe? I thought it was capable of Virato but I was not aware that it could to a vibe effect. Either way, I have GAS for a Whetstone!! :thu:

Take care,

Vid

• Members

Yeah, the Whetstone can do vibe sounds - enough that I don't feel the need for a stand alone vibe. Check out the PGS clip starting around 1:30. Watch the whole clip if you never have - everything from phase to vibe to vibrato sounds, to ring mod stuff.

[YOUTUBE]rmkDtK7gGgI[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Thanks for the great suggestions. I did check out the Lovepedal Pickle Vibe... my only concern is that it is not very 'tweakable'. I really like the idea of having control over volume/depth(intensity)/speed. I played a Danelectro Cool Cat Vibe and thought it sounded descent... but the volume increase when the pedal is engaged is rediculous! It renders the pedal completely un-usable for me.

Right now I am leaning towards the Retroman UberVibe. I think price wise and the 'tweakability' of the pedal is very nice. Any body have any experience with the UberVibe? Pro/Cons? Comparison with other vibe pedals.

Can the Whetstone do Vibe? I thought it was capable of Virato but I was not aware that it could to a vibe effect. Either way, I have GAS for a Whetstone!!
:thu:

Take care,

Vid

btw, the pickle vibe does have a trimpot inside for some adjustments

• Members

Yeah, it's definitely expensive...there is no arguing that. I personally think it is worth it because it does all of the stuff beyond normal phasing - and if I decided to get a decent phaser, vibe, ring mod, etc. it would likely cost just as much if not more. Plus phasers are my favoirte mod effect, and I really wanted this one, so I justified it any way I could, lol.

Archived