Help me build a telemaster!

Lemmings

• Members

Just thought I would drop by again and tell you guys I just got paid, so i'm about to go ahead and get this thing painted. I think i'm going to go with ice blue metallic w. a mint guard. Photoshop messed up the colours but this is the general idea.

2j280pi.jpg

Now I need to find a decent / cheap / high output humbucker that will work in the neck position if I hide it under the guard. I'm thinking maybe the GFS Bigmouth.

Oh, and in before...

(MUST BE MAPLE!!!)

• Members

I just ordered a mahogany Jazzmaster body with telecaster routing from Tommy at USA Custom Guitars. For those that missed it the Fender Custom Shop made something similar a while ago.

Man I bet that thing must weigh a ton.

....but what's it sound like?

• Members

Haha the body I ordered is nearly 6 pounds. It's going to be a real back breaker. But then again i'm used to playing Les Pauls so i'll survive. I can always go with the swiss cheese routing under the pickguard if it's really bad.

yeah i had a swamp ash one that weighed a ton.

• Members

Needs more strat middle pickup.

See, but that would take away from the super sexy blue pearloid pickguard then, by allowing even less of the material. Yes. I am that superficial haha.

Plus, I like the idea of a simplified switching system like this. I only use 3 positions anyway, so might as well make them a Tele, JM, and some sort of crazy combo of the two. :love:

• Members
See, but that would take away from the super sexy blue pearloid pickguard then, by allowing even less of the material. Yes. I am that superficial haha.

Plus, I like the idea of a simplified switching system like this. I only use 3 positions anyway, so might as well make them a Tele, JM, and some sort of crazy combo of the two.
:love:

That's why with the material you cut out you can make some fancy picks. :cop:

Archived