Post your controversial gear related opinions.

amarr1

• Members

i suppose not, but it seems like $$$$s are spent on the ability to take a pretty picture of a clean, colour-coordinated pedalboard just to impress people on here that they'll never ever meet..

...so, go start a band, you people!

Who cares. There could be many reasons why they haven't. It doesn't really matter. I try not to judge people based on appearances.

I love how people bitch about people not being open-minded, but then they're close-minded in so many other ways.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Who cares. There could be many reasons why they haven't. It doesn't really matter. I try not to judge people based on appearances.

I love how people bitch about people not being open-minded, but then they're close-minded in so many other ways.

sensitive much?

• Members
everybody needs something to waste their money on, who cares if it's pedals that stay in the lounge or 54" plasma tvs with surround sound and rumble settees.

this is true
i mean some people spend their money on what other people would consider ridiculous but it doesn't matter as long as they are happy.

and in regards to the 90% of them don't leave the house, its probably true. Mine doesn't. I went straight into the amp when i first played because I couldn't be bothered carrying an extra bag. Doesn't mean that people aren't having fun with what they have though.

The post your pedalboard thread would be the equivalent of the "show your premium $5000 japanese thin slicing knife" in some cooking forum
it may not get used, but no one minds if you show it off :cop:

• Members

"Dang, that's a nice knife. Is it sharp?"

"Oh, it's really sharp, but not as well balanced as the Katitoko 9"."

"I bet most of your knives never even slice any carrots"

"Troll."

I know you're joking, but that's basically how it goes on pretty much any hobby-based internet forum.

Go onto a model railroading forum and you'll find grown men getting into sissyfights about toy trains. Just replace Fender, Marshall and Gibson with Atlas, Bachman and Kato. Instead of people going "Nice board, but I bet he never gigs with it", you get people chiding the guy with a really nice expensive layout for not using it as much as he "should".

Go to a homebrew beer forum and instead of pages and pages of posters obsessing over true bypass and tone suckage, you get guys slapfighting over who's stuff is the cleanest and the BEST way to reduce off-flavoring.

It always happens... it's unavoidable, even in real-life knitting circles, users groups, etc. People don't like to have their authority challenged. It's just a whole lot easier to pick fights on the internet.

Archived