Hardware sequencer with seperate click track out?

• Members

Hi, I'm a total noob when it comes to anything to do with creating electronic music, but have decided to try and change that. I want to buy a synth, a sampler and a sequencer to make some cool noises for my band, but I need a specific kind of sequencer. Basically, not all the sample tracks played will start or end at the beginning of a song, and so my band's drummer will need some way to already be in time when the samples kick in during songs. Obviously a click track can be made, but I need somehting that has a seperate output that the click track can be played through, without the click track effecting the other outputs.

I was interested in an Akai MPC500, but it doesn't appear to have this capability. After looking at the MPC1000, it looks like it might fit the bill technically, but it's a bit out of my price range :( Does anyone please have any suggestions, preferably around the same price range as the MPC500? (

• Members

It's much better to simply route all internal instruments to a second pair of outputs and use the headphone out for click.

Or even better, keep all the parts going out the main outs and program one track (either a click sound, or better a simple drum pattern with 16th-note hihats that may or may not shuffle) to go out the extra pair. You could even program in marker warnings (say, samples of the drummer's girlfriend saying "Four, three, two, one") before the chorus kicks in.

Basically, any keyboard with more than two outs will work. Or if you don't mind running the music mono, various parts panned hard left/hard right.

Guest Anonymous

FYI. Used Blue MPC1000's go for less than used black MPC1000's. The reason for this is to upgrade a blue one to the newer pads specs it will cost you almost $200.

:idea:

Archived