Just Bought a Paul C. Timmy.

• Members

So I always hear nothing but good things about them, but have always been hesitant to drop $150 on a dirt pedal. And with the usual wait to get one, I've shyd away from picking one up.

In a thread a few days ago rhcp311 said he went into RockBlock guitars in Nashville and they had a few that day. So I called them up and they said they had sold out of all of them, but would call me as soon as they got one in.

Well I got a call about 20 min ago. Payed for it over the phone, came up to $140 after tax, and I'll be picking it up Tuesday.

I use a Boss OD3 right now as my OD, and even with the gain all the way down it has too much gain for me. So hopefully the Timmy will be just what I'm looking for.

What are your opinions on it?

Useful things to know about it?

• Members

When I heard that they were only $130 if you wait on the list I was ecstatic. Glad you got one. :) They sound great in all the demos i've heard, but can't wait to try one myself...unfortunately no where in Hawai'i carries the Timmy, let alone even knows about it. :cry:

All I know is rhcp311 is selling his for $200 now, so it seems if worse comes to worse you could always flip it.

btw do you know how long the waiting list is?

• Members

It comes with some useful instructions - use those as a guide and play around with it. With the gain all the way down, it's a clean boost and I think the gain comes in very gradually, so you get a very nice range. Don't forget teh little dipswitches to fiddle with the clipping (both off is less, one on is asymmetrical, both on is aggressive). And remember that the tone controls are bass and treble cuts - they taking some fiddling to understand how they shape you're tone, but I'm sold on them - they can really help add definition to your dirt (clean up mud, knock down fizz). I'm currenlty running my Timmy after my other dirt, but it works well before, too.

• Members

I sold mine for $140 but to someone who would use it. I actually lost like $2 because I had to pay tax on it.

Good to know that you're not out to rape people for their money, like everyone else is-I HATE capitalism...$140 is a great deal.

If I can sell my FM-4, D+clone, and maybe a few old PS3 games soon I won't feel guilty buying one.

• Members

What are your opinions on it?

Useful things to know about it?

It's my favorite drive ever.

If you want to stack with it, run the EQ knobs around 2:00.

But REMEMBER -- they're "cut" knobs. So the further clockwise, the more you're limiting your frequencies. I've been running mine with the EQ on the left side of noon lately w/ a bit more gain and crunch.

• Members

That's one of his New Year's Resolutions -- to be better w/ email.
:lol:

Serious.

That's what I've heard too. It's not convenient for me to call him with me being in the UK so I've sent an email, just waiting for a reply now. I'll update here if I get a reply.

Did you get the auto-reply?

Archived