Native-instruments,the worst support ever?!

• Members

Short.I forgotten my username(ok,emailaddress),but i ask for a new password,to register fm-8,but now after 4 days i still waiting for a new password!Now today,i have a mail from native,and they ask where i live,and i think for a answer again,a couple of days.What is that for a support?!!!!!!!

• Members

I've sent them email that they have NEVER replied to.

I've also seen bug responses like, "We've never seen this", and that's it.

I'm never buying anything from them again.

My knew strategy on buying new hardware/software is to ask a nice technical question or two before buying, to see if they have decent support.

The one time I did have an order question, calling on the phone helped a lot -- so it may just be the foreign office, but then again, that is also their HQ.

Given their stuff is also kind of buggy (from my experience) that is reason enough to look elsewhere. Too bad it's also pretty cool stuff :(

• Members

They're (usually) ok when it comes to things like registration. But, for actual customer service, they've always sucked (well, at least in the past 6 or 7 years) and are particularly terrible at fixing bugs. I still haven't forgiven them for the Kontakt 1 CD drive bug, which meant it couldn't see a lot of peoples CD drives to read things like AKAI discs. They took so long to fix it (it seemed like 18 months from memory) that an end user posted an .exe patch a good 6 months or more before NI bothered to issue their own update which finally resolved the problem. There's eefinitely a bit of "too busy with a new product or next version of it to bother fixing the current stuff" about them. Although, Kontakt and occasionally Reaktor aside, their stuff is usually fairly solid.

Archived