DE7 footswitch woes

daysofspeed

• Members

I bought a DE7 from the spam thread a few days ago to accompany my DMM. Ive used it the last couple of nights at rehearsal and the switch is definitely on its way out. Its not unusable but i stepped on it a couple of times tonight and it didnt turn on.

I want to be able to gig with it without it failing on me mid-song. Is there an easy fix / things to look for?

• Members

i'm pretty sure.. u don't have to do that^ unless u are aiming for true bypass.

it's easier to get a nice solid momentary switch (like the one in the picture), desolder the old tactile switch, and hook up the new one..

no true bypass.. but who likes true bypass anyway.. =)

• Members

The way Dr. Pain told you to do isn't going to work.. very well. That would just be like building a true bypass loop inside the pedal, which is just dancing around what is wrong with your pedal. If you put in a truebypass switch, you will still need to turn the pedal off an on using the rice switch.

I don't have my DE7's with me, so I can't look at the switch, but does anyone remember if it is a momentary DPDT or SPST or what? If you want to take a picture of it, daysofspeed, it will be a real easy fix to get that switch in there (unless drilling a hole will be a problem). You will only be removing the old switch and running wires to the new switch.

• Members

Yup - no need to T.B. these in my opinion. The switch in my picture above is just a momentary wired in place of the stock switch. I use a small block of high density foam to 'lock' the pedal in place so that it doesn't 'squish' when you stomp it.

:thu:

• Members
Yup - no need to T.B. these in my opinion. The switch in my picture above is just a momentary wired in place of the stock switch. I use a small block of high density foam to 'lock' the pedal in place so that it doesn't 'squish' when you stomp it.

:thu:

Yeah that'd be great if you could share which wires i would need to connect up to get it going again.

Ive stripped the pedal down (partly) and the old switch is soldered directly to the circuit board

DSC00397-2.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated

• Members
Can you get in there with contact cleaner? I can fix absolutely nothing, but it's amazing the amount of electrical stuff I've gotten to work again simple by blasting the hell out of it with contact cleaner.

Contact cleaner is an idea but if a long term and more reliable switching option is possible id like to try that. Depending if my limited DIY skills can undertake the job :confused:

Archived