HOG owners, Help!

V-man

• Members

I have only a few hours to screw around with my HOG thus far, but I have noticed an issue with the sound. When playing multiple strings, I hear a dissonant "warbling" sound, particularly when playing a G chord. I made sure the guitar is tuned, which changed nothing. Then I elimanated the "5th" voices (orig +5th, 1 octave +5th, 2 octaves +5th, etc) with no change. I cut the + 4 and +3 octaves and still hear the dissonant high warbles. I did notice some significant decrease in the warbling when setting the envelope and filter sliders in the "neutral" halfway/middle position. I also noticed a slight decrease by bringing the sliders down to minimal output curve to minimize/eliminate clipping.

Have you ever heard this warbling? If so, was this due to slider settings or is this a tracking issue one has to put up with when playing multiple strings? If it was due to slider settings, what settings make the tone cleaner and which make it more dissonant?

• Members

Have you got an expression pedal hooked up to the HOG? If the pedal is not adjusted to 100% it can cause the pitch-shifting to be dissonant to your playing.

I thought of the same thing. Maybe take the expression pedal off and try that? Can you make a clip... might be easier to tell if we can hear it?

• Members

I thought of the same thing. Maybe take the expression pedal off and try that? Can you make a clip... might be easier to tell if we can hear it?

Def not the expression pedal. I transferred it to another pedal before posting and the HOG's warbling sound was still present (like some out of tune caliope music). I realize it would help more to submit a clip, but I'd have nothing to offer but a terrible digital tape recording, I lack the time to make & post a proper "right/wrong" sound clip, and just flipping it on for a moment, it seems to be behaving today.

So, at this point I will continue to be mindful of your suggestions, implementing what I can, when I can, and once I have more time to get more involved, I will post a clip if it persists.

Archived