gibson sg 61 reissue

mrweems

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
what was once a student guitar selling for thousands is funny too

definitely! they sure are fun to play though. seems like all the student guitars..juniors, mustangs, musicmasters, duo sonics etc...they are either hit or miss some can be had for a couple hundred bucks others go for thousands...but really clean 60's juniors ugh i've seen them go for 5-6000ish maybe more and that is {censored}ing insane!...you can get a really clean 60's standard or even a special for less...idk its still insane. like i said before the juniors just beg to be played and that is their appeal to me. :wave:

here is a video of someone who doesn't even have their own camera man...talk about doing his own thing!

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

• Members

so far the only demos that have impressed me are GregsGuitar. That dude has some epic tone. man.

also, robo.. All the cheaper guitars from the past, as in vintage beginner guitars. They are now reaching $700+. Fender and Gibson that is.

• Members
IIRC the '61 actually has a weaker neck joint and is more likely to break, but yeah, it's still the one you want.

this is the neck of my '64 sg. it is broke. look the crack at the base.
the two little circle is an old attempt of the previous owner to fix the problem

4298394602_4f992be710_b.jpg

4298393828_80a8660f72_b.jpg

Archived