Obscure Gretsch Solid-Bodies.

costch

• Members

haha, i wonder that too. i think daisy rock should issue something in the same vein. i would wear that badge proudly, and play that guitar to pieces.

i also remember seeing a big cushion ring on the back, either to prevent scratches or make it more comfortable on your stomach.

• Members

I have a BST 1500 or The Beast and the goddamn zero fret is messed up on it.:cry: I would really like to get it fixed but being a broke college student it isn't possible. I almost traded this guitar this weekend at Guitar Center. Being that this was the last American made Gretsch model, am I crazy for almost getting rid of this guitar?

• Members

I have a BST 1500 or The Beast and the goddamn zero fret is messed up on it.
:cry:
I would really like to get it fixed but being a broke college student it isn't possible. I almost traded this guitar this weekend at Guitar Center. Being that this was the last American made Gretsch model, am I crazy for almost getting rid of this guitar?

You're crazy for considering trading it to Guitar Center. They won't give you shit for it. Got any pictures?

• Members

You're crazy for considering trading it to Guitar Center. They won't give you shit for it. Got any pictures?

Not at the moment. I'll upload one tomorrow.

I was really down on my guitar collection this weekend. I've never purchased a brand new guitar. Everything I've ever bought has been used and has had problems. I almost went and traded about five guitars in for something new and American made with a lifetime warranty that I could gig with and not be scared that something would happen with it.

To be honest I'm really glad I decided against that. I almost traded my Les Paul Custom along with that Gretsch. :eek:

• Members

My brother recently let me borrow one of these:
Gretsch%20Electromatic%20Corvette%20G513
and it's great. Stock pickups sound pretty good for what I play. It can handle a decent amount of gain. It has a nice fat neck. It's gonna be my #1 until I have to give it back.

That is one classy guitar. :thu:

• Members

i remember seeing the princess corvette in a guitar book and thinking how awesome it looked. but i can imagine since it was a "made for girls" guitar that the neck shape could be a little off for my big ol man hands

It wasn't made for girls. It was "designed for the feminine guitarist". :lol:

I still want that yellow one.

• Members

It wasn't made for girls. It was "designed for the feminine guitarist".
:lol:
I still want that yellow one.

heheh what the hell is the feminine guitarist? or is it...

gretsch guitars: secret gay rights agenda?

man i love ads for gear that were made back in the day. i saw an old ad for a vox wah-wah, and one of the pitches was "even makes sitar-like sounds!" :p

• Members

i would love a white, single pu corvette with a gold guard. would totally kill my sg jr. gas and give me an oddball guitar as well. gretsch needs to get their {censored} together and make one. same aesthetics as the princess minus the feminine guitarist bs. that could easily be a man's man's guitar.

Archived