Boss Blues Driver for rock distortion... (Green Day does it)

45below

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Blues Driver is just a boost even if modded. I have a Robert Keeley one. You'd do better to use an MI-Audio Crunchbox or OCD for that type of tone if you're not playing a Marshall. There's quite a few other pedals I could probably think of to get that sound if I thought about it.

• Members

laugh my mother {censored}in ass off!!!!!

That facepalm is worth a million words...

i felt it was needed people need to understand for all hobbies. you need to develope a good base ( for guitar lets say learning to play ) before you go out and purchase a bunch of effects and try to mask your tone. Like bowling you can go out and spend $400 dollars on a ball but it won't make you bowl 300's. Have to learn a little about the game or in this case guitar before you make more purchases. A statement like "do all marshall amps have built in distortion" shows me two things. One i'm sure he is playing through a small practice amp. Second is he is new to this stuff and shouldn't waste money, and then get discouraged and quit all together.

Sorry long post is long...

• Members

You're making all sorts of assumptions there. This kid could be a classical whiz for all you know, and he's just gone electric. This "hide yourself away until you've learnt to play" philosophy is elitist crap.

has the classical whiz also lived in a cave his entire life? i know before i had internet access i read guitar magazines, {censored} like that you figure some stuff out. I'm not here to bash solid state, hell i'm looking at picking up a jazz chorus. Never said hide yourself away, just learn to play before blowing cash on {censored} that might not be good in the first place. I played a starter amp for 8 years of my life. It can get you by but it is by no means good. I don't know how many ears i made bleed from my cranked crate 15x or whatever its called back in the day.

• Members

I bought a USA Strat and '59 RI Bassman 4X10 when I was 15 years old -- I'm 32 and I still play them. It is possible to be young and not the best player and still make good gear decisions. Do we even know anything about the op?

he wants to sound like green day

• Members

I'm 17, been playing guitar for 6 years. I have a small practice amp and a digitech rp-50 effects pedal, and am playing a Fender Squire.

I've been looking to upgrade my guitar setup considerably, as my interest in music has grown and I've played in a band for the last 3 years. (Just a garage band, but a band nonetheless)

I would like to get some quality gear, some good sounding stuff, that'll still work for me if I manage to get into the recording studio, etc.

I've already got the guitar nailed (I'm good with my hands, and am going to build one [cheaper than buying a new one in my opinion]), but I just need to figure out where to go with my guitar setup.

If I go the effects pedal route (and not the modeling amp [Peavey Vypyr]) then I'll almost positively play through a marshall amp or half stack, with a SM57 to mic it for recording and live shows.

guitargod2u: you pretty much guessed it. Nice job. :)

• Members

Dunno, I've played a venue with piss poor monitoring, with 412 and still couldn't hear myself.

You can always turn it down.

If you can lug it around, by all means, buy the biggest amp you like.

just a suggestion but you probably already know this, turn up the mids. If you are getting lost in the mix its result from scooped mids.

Archived