NPD

Ponda Boba

• Members

so ive only fooled around with it for about a half hour or so at very very low volumes since its still early but im rather impressed so far. it is {censored}ing loud, i have my amp set at around 2ish, the lowest my amp will go and sound tolerable for late night and early morning playing and with it set as a clean boost, its like having it set at around 4 or 5. im gonna wait till my neighbor leaves to crank the {censored} out of it and then ill get a good idea of what its capable of. off the bat its a great, loud, drive with a bit of a fuzzy quality, relieved it sounds nothing like my lion-x with the filter section bypassed. i got this off of trey gunn from king crimson so im dying to see how it sounds on bass.

{censored}...You...Greedo...

:wave::wave::wave::wave:

• Members

O Rly?

Congrats bro! I'm dying to get a hold of a lion fuzz. {censored} it I want the whole line up...
:mad:

yep, here he is using it. thanks alot, i heard hes not making the lion anymore unfortunately but the lion-x is must try, get one of those when they come out again. tried making a demo vid and the camera refuses to agree with anything distorted, gonna grab the bass and see if i can work something out in garageband

l_cb6253bae0f4fd614760145c1eb39c54.jpg

• Members

yep, here he is using it. thanks alot, i heard hes not making the lion anymore unfortunately but the lion-x is must try, get one of those when they come out again. tried making a demo vid and the camera refuses to agree with anything distorted, gonna grab the bass and see if i can work something out in garageband

l_cb6253bae0f4fd614760145c1eb39c54.jpg

noice! So if you don't mind me asking, where did you meet him? That's pretty cool if he sold you his Lion. Though I really want to try it out. Cause everything else I've played by Schumann is really intense, and just so very inspiring. So if you don't mind explaining, how does it oscillate? is just by increasing the gain until it does? or is it a switch? Like my PLL oscillates only when the gain is maxed, but it is not pretty at all. In fact I don't even think it's supposed to do that.

• Members

but otherwise it didn't sound very good or useable. it wasn't until i wrapped those lugs up that it acted like it should and sounded beautiful. the lion and the lion-x are pretty tame compared to the pll, neither of them are capable of the strange UFO-esque stuff that the pll was designed for. the lion-x is just a very very good and very versatile high gainer and the lion is its tamer and softer younger sibling that seems to be more at home with bass than guitar.

Very interesting. Thanks for the info. I was very curious if the oscillation in that demo was actually part of the design or not. {censored}, I want a Lion X so bad. Hurry it up John!

Archived