TS808 and TS9 in a row!!

wodbs_2004

• Members

Hi folks,

I live in China and have a 808 now.

I decided that I needed more gain, but the circumstances forbids me from getting more or less mod.

So what I decided to do was to throw in another TS in my chain, and I am thinking of TS9.

How do you think this will work? Has anyone tried this?

If this would work, then do you think I need to add TS 9 or 808 in the chain?

Thanks

• Members

srv'd,john mayer, etc its been done before it works, but i say try something else just to spice things up. plenty of options besides another 808 or ts9 that will still give you that mid hump if you want it. If more gain is your goal get a electro harmonix lpb-1 and put it in front of the 808 you have for more gain. Save yourself lots of money.

• Members

I run a pair of 808s or TS7s in a row, works great in front of a clean tube amp.

I set the one nearest the amp almost clean with it's tone knob set to zero, and boost it with the other one set still cleanish but with the tone on full.

The first time I tried it about 20 years ago was one of those "Aha! So THAT'S how they do it !" moments.

I bought (and still use) an 808 when they were first made, but used TS7s are cheap and very good.

• Members

Hi folks,

I live in China and have a 808 now.

I decided that I needed more gain, but the circumstances forbids me from getting more or less mod.

So what I decided to do was to throw in another TS in my chain, and I am thinking of TS9.

How do you think this will work? Has anyone tried this?

If this would work, then do you think I need to add TS 9 or 808 in the chain?

Thanks

yes! it works great.

there are many options in terms of settings.

rock on

• Members

There's a Visual Sound pedal that does this (2 808s) it's called the Double Trouble. If your amp can not be overdriven easily you might want to look at a pedal that does the clipping for you rather then a pedal that causes the AMP to clip, matter of not waking up the neighbors.... In which case you can get a distortion pedal rather then an overdrive (ProCo Rat, Boss DS-1, etc...)

Archived