Just got a Crybaby 535q!!!

O.G.T.V.

• Members

It got here yesterday, and last night I gigged with it. Pretty nice sounding wah besides the ''noises'' the wah gives when clean. It also solved my volume loss problem with my previous wah!:thu:

Now the thing is...I really would like to tweak it more, and search for some guitarrists sounds and my own sound. Thing is...this wah has 6 wah modes and I still don't get them quite well. I set up wah then distortion then amp.

1st mode sounds good a la vintage sound.

Second mode...fat wah?

3rd mode... ?

4th mode... very noted wah wah sound but a little lacking.

5th mode... ?

6th mode looks like is good for metal.

I have tweak it a bit and still keep on factory settings till someone that knows, owned or use the pedal can help me figure out some stuff that I want out of it.

[YOUTUBE]APidnLEJ3qg[/YOUTUBE]

I really like the guy's wah sound in that song, and he uses a Crybaby 535q. I also like that the wah gets very noticed on guitar solos and that. Do anyone knows how to do this on the pedal?

• Members

i've got a 535q and i don't think those are modes as much as they are varying eq settings, rolled all the way back is trebley and all the way forward is bassy. i'm not a big fan of the +15dB boost, it's pretty noisy. but all in all it's a good pedal.

Yeah. The boost is noisy, still gotta use it to cut the mix. BTW the Q...how do someone adjust that to get a good, cutting wah sound like the one here @ 2:47....

[YOUTUBE]mAc2cvKnQ04[/YOUTUBE]

I think is related to his bending, but the wah should be Q'd in someway it could sound near like that.

• Members

sounds kinda like my favorite setting, put it in setting 4 (2nd from the right), and roll the volume all the way up and keep the tone a little from maxed out.

Thanks man! I'll check it out tomorrow, when I come back from college, and I'll write you back here about the results. Thanks!

• Members

My favourite setting is to crank the Q all the way to full, a slight volume boost and all on the third setting. Nice cutting wah tone ala Cantrell.

Incidentally, is this a brand new 535Q? If so, what revision number does it have on the bottom plate (e.g. Rev. F)? I ask because Dunlop claim that all 535Qs made in the last year (Rev. F) are now true bypass but I've yet to find any out there.

• Members

My favourite setting is to crank the Q all the way to full, a slight volume boost and all on the third setting. Nice cutting wah tone ala Cantrell.

Incidentally, is this a brand new 535Q? If so, what revision number does it have on the bottom plate (e.g. Rev. F)? I ask because Dunlop claim that all 535Qs made in the last year (Rev. F) are now true bypass but I've yet to find any out there.

Yeah! Is brand new but it says......REV E:facepalm:

Is that a bad thing?! Damn I feel like ''close, but no cigar''.

BTW your setting is kinda good when I want to lead without that wah wah sounding all the time.

• Members

Yeah! Is brand new but it says......REV E:facepalm:

Is that a bad thing?! Damn I feel like ''close, but no cigar''.

BTW your setting is kinda good when I want to lead without that wah wah sounding all the time.

Ah okay. Don't worry because I have still yet to find a Rev. F anywhere. Of course, it really depends what the circuitboard says; the bottom plate may say Rev. E but inside it might be a Rev. F! Do you notice any high end loss with it plugged in?

If you want the actual wah sound to be less present just lower the Q a bit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Ah okay. Don't worry because I have still yet to find a Rev. F anywhere. Of course, it really depends what the circuitboard says; the bottom plate may say Rev. E but inside it might be a Rev. F! Do you notice any high end loss with it plugged in?

If you want the actual wah sound to be less present just lower the Q a bit.

Sorry for the ''mega-late'' reply. I wanted to reply correctly*

Yes. It has a high end loss, not the first time I start using the wah...but when I turn it off, then on again. There's where the high end is kinda loss a bit. It kinda sucks cuz when you first turn it up you feel like ''GUITAR GOD'', but when you turn it off, then on again....you're the average guitarrist again:facepalm:

But HEY, If you rock the effect and know how to use it...it will not be a problem after all!

• Members

I believe I have this wah, and I'm pretty sure the different settings are just the "q sweep" for different eq's. At least on mine I notice that when rolled all the way towards the heel (counter clockwise when looking at it directly) it is more for the lower ranges and not so exaggerated. at the opposite end it seems to be very trebly and piercing. I have always kept it at the second from the farthest back (towards the toe; clockwise). for my setup at least it kept the highs from being too piercing and yet still have enough dynamics range between the toe up/down.

Overall I'm very happy with it except for the fact that it sounds like balls on batteries, but I never use those anyways.

On an unrelated note (and not to hijack the thread), but have any of you users had problems with this pedal not "wah-ing" consistently when turned on? Sometimes I'll engage it and it's as if the sweep is "stuck" at a certain point or that the wah doesn't have the same sweep. I'll have to turn it off and then back on to get it to sound right. Anyone else with this problem?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I believe I have this wah, and I'm pretty sure the different settings are just the "q sweep" for different eq's. At least on mine I notice that when rolled all the way towards the heel (counter clockwise when looking at it directly) it is more for the lower ranges and not so exaggerated. at the opposite end it seems to be very trebly and piercing. I have always kept it at the second from the farthest back (towards the toe; clockwise). for my setup at least it kept the highs from being too piercing and yet still have enough dynamics range between the toe up/down.

Overall I'm very happy with it except for the fact that it sounds like balls on batteries, but I never use those anyways.

On an unrelated note (and not to hijack the thread), but have any of you users had problems with this pedal not "wah-ing" consistently when turned on? Sometimes I'll engage it and it's as if the sweep is "stuck" at a certain point or that the wah doesn't have the same sweep. I'll have to turn it off and then back on to get it to sound right. Anyone else with this problem?

It does happen. It happened to me during band practice today* But the thing this one is most common is that sometimes even after turning it OFF it still is....ON?

BTW anyone here feels the db boost sometimes sounds like it isn't here? I really need that boost for solos, but I'm starting to feel is kinda going away little by little in my wah.

Archived