Should I Do This ? ? ?

hot_karl

• Members

NO!

because I happen to own a Gibson L-6 Deluxe,and I installed a Bigsby like that on mine,and it was too close to the bridge,so I cut it up to move it back.
of course,that was years ago,when neither Bigsby's or L-6s had any value.
hJeYj.jpg

I'm about to reassemble the poor thing so I can use it in the cover band I just joined.

• Members
NO!

because I happen to own a Gibson L-6 Deluxe,and I installed a Bigsby like that on mine,and it was too close to the bridge,so I cut it up to move it back.

of course,that was
years
ago,when neither Bigsby's or L-6s had any value.

hJeYj.jpg

I'm about to reassemble the poor thing so I can use it in the cover band I just joined.

what did u do to that awesome guitar?!

was it too close in general or did u just install it too close? .... maybe i will just get a guitar with trem... or slap it on my tele, tho that too is too nice to {censored} with atm.

• Members
what did u do to that awesome guitar?!

was it too close in general or did u just install it too close? .... maybe i will just get a guitar with trem... or slap it on my tele, tho that too is too nice to {censored} with atm.

I butchered it.
hey,I was young and stupid,and I got it for cheap.
if you want to run that Bigsby you'll need a different bridge,the one that's on there is too fat,and the strings will rub on it.
use a regular tune-o-matic;

vF7FN.jpg

or.better yet,a roller tune-o-matic;

oXfqd.jpg

the Vibramate is for guitars that have a stop tail piece,so you will have to drill a couple of small holes for the screws.

http://www.vibramate.com/vibramate-v5-install.html

Archived