Way OT - Anyone know what kind of font to use for basic album inlays?

Kid_A

• Members

My singer asked me to get a certain font that bands have on their albums...

The copyright, do not distribute etc font he says is a standard on most albums...

Yea, im confused too. Id try and find an example but im not sure myself :idk:

• Members

It looks fine to me... the most important thing really is that everything is clear and readable - which it is. :thu:

Is that just a mock up?

If so, I'd have a thorough check over the 'thanks' section though...

Just to clean up all of the punctuation (including putting spaces after commas etc.), spelling and to decide whether you're going to use "and" or "&".

• Members
It looks fine to me... the most important thing really is that everything is clear and readable - which it is.
:thu:

Is that just a mock up?

If so, I'd have a thorough check over the 'thanks' section though...

Just to clean up all of the punctuation (including putting spaces after commas etc.), spelling and to decide whether you're going to use "and" or "&".

Cheers mate... yea its just a first draft... going to do all that in a sec ;)

Think it needs anything else?

• Members

I don't think there's a standard, but I think Helvetica's supposed to be one of the clearest, so you get it for a lot of small print stuff where they're trying to save space. Nice to know the useless info in my brain can reach outside pub quizzes every once in a while.

Hope the gig went well man, I got caught up in recordings til stupid O'clock as usual. I will catch you guys soon!

Oh, and you need to make sure you images are really big for the printers, they should have a template with dpi.

• Members
heh... cheers!

Ah no probs mate, was a shame though, we absolutely stormed the place. Best gig in a very very long time... and the new drummer is no officially in
;)
HAPPY DAZ!

Dammit! I knew I'd regret it. Good work man, nothing like the feel of a great gig.

• Members

Being blunt Daz, it looks amateur! Your band logo is very classy and fits with the music, this just doesn't look right at all.

As for your original question, just use something legible (usually helvetica or some other sans serif font) and possibly condensed so it takes up less room.

• Members
Being blunt Daz, it looks amateur! Your band logo is very classy and fits with the music, this just doesn't look right at all.

As for your original question, just use something legible (usually helvetica or some other sans serif font) and possibly condensed so it takes up less room.

Hmmm, what do you reckon is wrong? I mean im not a graphic designer and my singers missus helped us as best she could... happy to listen to some tips... and yes, i know the wording is a bit meh, my singer is dyslexic and its just work in progress, so it will change.

We have to have those photos as 3 of them are not in the band anymore, and its more of a homage to them...

Just remembered your a graphic designer so please, give me some pointers! :)

• Members
Hmmm, what do you reckon is wrong? I mean im not a graphic designer and my singers missus helped us as best she could... happy to listen to some tips... and yes, i know the wording is a bit meh, my singer is dyslexic and its just work in progress, so it will change.

We have to have those photos as 3 of them are not in the band anymore, and its more of a homage to them...

Just remembered your a graphic designer so please, give me some pointers!
:)

Umm, I'd lose the black fringing round the edge or make it look kind of painted/grunged up a bit (like the text on your logo). All the lyrics/music is the same so just list it once. Also, pick a more interesting typeface for the tracklisting, it looks boring as it is. I could go on, but if you wanted, you could sling me the files (Photoshop I assume?) and I could have a fiddle (oooh er!)?

That being said, what does the front look like?

• Members

Much better.

If I were you i'd make the song number the same size, or just a tiny bit bigger than the 'lyrics/Dodger' text. Or completely omit them altogether.

I don't think there's any need for the who does what section. I never got that about myspaces or whatever. The people who buy it are likely to already know or not care. I'd use the space more productively for a myspace or a bandcamp URL or something.

Work on the capitalisation of the song titles too. Also, should 'towns' not be 'town's', or am i completely noob erroring this? This Town IS A Battleground - but yeah capitals.

I don't get the 'where we go one we go all'

:)

edit: niceee ^

• Members

Really appreciate the input!

Oh {censored} that's epic Vince!!!! Damn... Just emailed it to the lads so we'l see. And points taken on the wording :thu:

It's waaay past my bedtime now but I'll give an update in the morning...

• Members
Really appreciate the input!

Oh {censored} that's epic Vince!!!! Damn... Just emailed it to the lads so we'l see. And points taken on the wording
:thu:

It's waaay past my bedtime now but I'll give an update in the morning...

Cheers! I'm off to bed now too so I'll await the comments in the morning! zzzzzzzz:bor:

• Members
Front Cover

NEW%20FRONT%20COVER%20updated-%20copy%20

Inlay/Back

NEW%20INLAY%20updated-%20copy%20Alte%20H

What you reckon?

tidy.

But I'd:

Use Title Case Format For The Titles

Omit the 5 x Lyrics / Music credits and replace with a single statement somewhere (because they're all the same!).

First title has a grammatic error, needs an apostrophe in "towns" - should be "This Town's A Battleground"

Should "Samather" be spelt like that? :idk: Samantha?

• Members

tidy.

But I'd:

Use Title Case Format For The Titles

Omit the 5 x Lyrics / Music credits and replace with a single statement somewhere (because they're all the same!).

First title has a grammatic error, needs an apostrophe in "towns" - should be "This Town's A Battleground"

Should "Samather" be spelt like that?
:idk:
Samantha?

i agree with all of this.

i like the black/white back cover a bit more than the one you posted first of all.

re: song titles, you should either have it capitalised or make it all lower case.

also, like i said earlier, thoroughly check over the 'thanks' part for spelling and grammar (i was going to ask about "Samather"), and the random use of "and" or "&" still bothers me for some reason...

also...

"this ep would not of been possible..."

should be

"... would not have been possible..."

Archived