4 to 5 Shades of Dirt Overkill?

hot_karl

• Members

I used to only have one dirt pedal and could never imagine any reason to have more than one. Now I have 3 and am preparing to buy a 4th. As long as you have a reason to use each dirt I see no problem with it. I use:

TOD - always on

Crunch Box - heavy stuff/solos

French Toast - fuzzy stuff/octaves

Looking to get a Cool Cat Drive as a medium gain for chords and stacking with the French Toast to boost the mids.

• Members

well right now i have...

OCD, Barbershop, Muff, and Super Fuzz.

the ocd is usually what i use. the barbershop is used more as a boost and i use it for bass :love: and the muff is for my main fuzz. the superfuzz doesnt get used pretty much at all but i still love mucking around with it, so it stays on there :thu:

so yeah, 2 dirts i use a lot and the barbershop as a boost. but im planning on getting a 69' if this guy ever gets back to me, and im replacing the muff with a hoof. so im adding an extra dirt i guess. dirt is awesome.

• Members

I've got so many I don't even want to take a count. Let's see top of the pile... Cornish G2, white Eternity, Lovepedal one knob Balance, Lovepedal wall of sound(one off), stupid box prototype, soulbender, mayonaise, zero, wiio, dls, buster jangle, gas pedal carb, Mjm london fuzz, foxey fuzz, cot, fuzz factory, wooly mammoth, super duper, cow4prez tinnitus, xotic ac plus, ac boost, rc boost, gt 500, robin trower OD, menatone howie, menatone Vos, keeley DS1, ds1, mij Sd 1, zenkudo dual custom, blackout dualfuzz, insane gain, brown sound, rat 2, zim, 4 ts9 variants, fire fly, Bjfe LGW, Klon, Tim, ouch capt coconut fuzzfoot. im sure theres more. silver kiss mod 1, mi tubezone analog man bc 108 sunface

• Members
I've got so many I don't even want to take a count. Let's see top of the pile... Cornish G2, white Eternity, Lovepedal one knob Balance, Lovepedal wall of sound(one off), stupid box prototype, soulbender, mayonaise, zero, wiio, dls, buster jangle, gas pedal carb, Mjm london fuzz, foxey fuzz, cot, fuzz factory, wooly mammoth, super duper, cow4prez tinnitus, xotic ac plus, ac boost, rc boost, gt 500, robin trower OD, menatone howie, menatone Vos, keeley DS1, ds1, mij Sd 1, zenkudo dual custom, blackout dualfuzz, insane gain, brown sound, rat 2, zim, 4 ts9 variants, fire fly, Bjfe LGW, Klon, Tim, ouch

:freak:

• Members

I use 4 and that is really one more than I need.
Hartman BC108 Fuzz
Barber LTD, Direct Drive SS, and a Small Fry.
I only use the fuzz to push the DD SS and LTD. This is way more than I need but it keeps me from changing settings while playing out. These have been my dirt for a bit and I don't see it changing any time soon.

Archived