Fender Road Worn

Jarrizle

• Members

So I know this has been talked about over and over again, but due to the search function I can't find any of the threads on it. I know the relic'd thing is kind of cheesy, but for some reason I kind of like it:facepalm:. Does anyone have any opinions on them?

• Members

Yep, this is a polarizing guitar, which has been rehashed here a number of times. The majority here don't like it, the minority who own them (like me) really like them. Depends on the model it seems. I have the 60s strat, and with the rosewood board, it doesn't look over relic'd. Some of the maple boards look a bit odd (like they forgot to age between the 9th - 12th frets).

Bottom line, if set up well, the play wonderfully, sounds really good too, and have a nice aged feel/look to them. I love mine, but yeah, it is a polarizing series. Try one out, and see if you like it. I didn't expect to honestly, but as soon as I picked it up and began playing, I knew I had to have it. Traded in a more expensive G&L ASAT Blues Boy, and I had no regrets.

• Members

Yep, this is a polarizing guitar, which has been rehashed here a number of times. The majority here don't like it, the minority who own them (like me) really like them. Depends on the model it seems. I have the 60s strat, and with the rosewood board, it doesn't look over relic'd. Some of the maple boards look a bit odd (like they forgot to age between the 9th - 12th frets).

Bottom line, if set up well, the play wonderfully, sounds really good too, and have a nice aged feel/look to them. I love mine, but yeah, it is a polarizing series. Try one out, and see if you like it. I didn't expect to honestly, but as soon as I picked it up and began playing, I knew I had to have it. Traded in a more expensive G&L ASAT Blues Boy, and I had no regrets.

thats's right!

i just can't add anything.

• Members

There's no need. People end up debating the relicing, when they should be asking "are they good guitars on their own merits, relicing aside".

In my experience, the ones I played have been quite good...good enough to warrant the price tag.

YMMV.

• Members

Yeah I'm in no way attempting to start a giant flame thread at all. I was just asking about how they played, sounded, etc. Currently there's not a guitar shop within an hour and a half that stocks them so I can't get try one out. Thanks for the helpful info so far though. :thu:

• Members

If they didn't relic them, and just left them with a nice satin nitro finish, I'd like them better. :thu:

I think they're a bit expensive, but pretty solid.

I'd also agree with IRG that the all maple neck RWs look a little odd... a few of the ones I've tried felt too gritty on the back of the neck as well.

• Members

I'm not a fender fan. There are rarely fender guitars that I like and I've never loved a fender. I still think the Road Worn stuff is pretty good. I liked the tele more than strat that I played. I don't know that I'd pay the new price for one but I'd have no problem buying a used one if I had the money and the GAS that matched.

Archived