NPD (x2)

AJ Nash

• Members

Boss SL-20 and Fuzzhugger AB Synth

SDC10718.jpg

The SL-20 is surprisingly usable (I wasn't sure what to expect). There's loads of patterns on there, the harmonic banks are definitely my favourite. The loop function is a bonus! It's pretty basic but great for drones etc.

The AB Synth is great, it's one of the older models with the oscillation controlled by a toggle switch. It sounds huge, it can get really aggressive/sputtery with the texture control but that's still really usable. The Oscillation mode will take some getting used to though but in the meantime it's a novelty.

Good day for me :thu:

• Members

Congrats man! I'm really impressed by the Slicer the more I've been watching videos of it.

It's great. I'll hook it up with an expression pedal and MIDI sync it with my drum machine and see if that makes it even more usable.

• Members

I just got a new AB Synth, and it is pretty cool. Your volume control on your guitar can do a lot with the wild oscillations. The extra footswitch is nice though, so it can go back and forth easily from regular mode to oscillation mode. I like it, it adds another fuzz flavor that I don't quite have. Wouldn't be my main fuzz though.

Archived