How To Buy Safely From People On Forums?

Amigo

• Members

I was over at the gear page during this whole 2.0 scandal and someone offered to sell me an amp I am looking for in a PM.

I have never purchased over forums and this would be an insane amount of money to get ripped off.

What are some things I can do to make sure this deal is legit before sending off the cash to a complete stranger?

• Members

Talk to them. You can tell right away if you can trust them or not. Look at their past deals list, if there is one. If not, as them about them. If youre truly concerned, consult the other people they've dealt with. Establish good communication early and smooth the details out as easily as you can and, praying that shipping doesn't miff anything up, you'll be just fine.

• Members

Is the amp really far away? I don't mind driving a couple of hours on a day off to make sure that I get the amp I want. Might cost a bit more on shipping but at least you got the amp straight that day and you'll have your mind at ease.

Saying that, I had some good and bad stories happen to me. All the deals I did on Harmony Central, as long as they are part of the spams on the sub-forums and not the classified part, worked out really well for me.

Archived