All purpose fx/amp sim/direct box pedal advice wanted....

• Members

I'm currently using a Zoom G1X pedal and I am reasonably happy with it. It gives me a few effects/simulations that I really like:

1) Twin Reverb Simulation (clean sound with 'verb)

2) Light Fuzz

3) Wah

4) Pedal Controlled Pitch Bend

5) Tremolo - speed controlled by pedal

6) Acoustic guitar emulation

But what it doesn't do well is give me sustain. I would really like some looooooooong sustain without too much fuzz (think Santana playing "Black Magic Woman"). It's an inexpensive unit, so I guess I can't expect it to do everything.

I've worked and worked with the compressor and I can't get it to do what I want it to do (could be pilot error).

So I think it is time to step up from the entry level pedal to something better. What I require is:

1) Direct to PA output level

2) Twin Reverb emulation (or close)

3) Light fuzz

4) Wah

5) Pitch Bend

6) Tremolo

7) Long sustain

8) Acoustic guitar emulation would be a plus but if it doesn't have it is isn't a deal breaker.

Small footprint would be also helpful because I have a rather large pedal that I use for my wind synthesizer.

Any suggestions with all of the above?

My wife wants to buy this for me for Father's Day, so I want the least expensive that will give me all of what I am looking for. Besides, I'm only an adequate guitarist, so the most advanced effects would be wasted on me (my main instrument is saxophone/wind synthesizer and I double on Guitar).

I don't know if this matters, but my guitar has P90 pickups and my duo plays songs from the 50s on up, a bit of country, and some light jazzy things for a crowd that ranges from 40 to nearly dead (mostly yacht clubs, country clubs, semi-private clubs, condominiums, etc.)

Thanks!

• Members

Thanks, they have a great reputation. But as far as I can tell, they do not have a pedal controlled pitch bend option.

Searching around the web, the DigiTech RP355 seems a likely candidate - it has all the features I require.

Does anyone have any experience with this one?

Pros?

Cons?

Thanks
Notes ?

Archived