Tell me about your rickenbackers

• Members

my old rhythm guitarist had a 620 it jetglo black and it is beautiful

he's moved to australia now from england so i asked him if i could look after it for him, but he wouldnt let me

i also tried to trade him {censored} loads of stuff for it and again he wouldnt

shame cause its a beautiful guitar

• Members

Here's my 1976 480, a recent CL score. There is a wide tonal disparity between the neck and bridge pickups. The bridge pickup is extremely thin compared to the very dark sounding neck pickup, due in part to an extra capacitor between the volume pot and selector switch on the bridge pickup, and the fact that even with the neck pickup raised completely, there is still a huge gap between it and the strings.

IMG_1610.jpg

is that the one with the slanted frets ??

awesome guitar

• Members

A great electric 12 string is just a must have guitar.

I've had my 330-12 (Jetglow) for maybe 13 years now and I can't part with it. The neck is really narrow and because I've got big mitts it's kind of hard to play convincingly unless I'm really focusing (I'm used to my Tele and JM). Problem is that it's just a beautiful thing and really sounds like nothing else. I've been keeping it around my desk so that it's the guitar I pick up when I'm just goofing around. Playing it a lot gets me used to it. Makes things a little easier.

Except for the fact that it takes some concentration to play convincingly (with big-ish hands), it's a fantastic guitar.

Yeah.

Archived