I want to start a band.

• Members

OK, seriously. Here's what you do.

Dig a really big hole, and throw all your money and personal relationships in it. Light all that stuff on fire. Next, wait for the fire to nearly destroy everything, Then you pour beer on the fire to put it out. Repeat as needed.

That should get you pretty close.

the story of my life... and i still haven't got a drummer to form a band with.

• Members

Just post on Craigslist. Try to actually have stuff written and recorded or you won't get replies back. Use the bulletin board or whatever at school, you might be surprised.

I mean, if you're serious, you have to work for it. Don't be afraid to ask people. Seriously. I remember I was in a cave in the inland LA desert and some guy talked me up and wanted me to join his band. That's kind of what it takes; just get numbers. If you're starting something from scratch, try to write stuff on your own (it's hard to do, but it's a necessity) and record it, even if it's some {censored}ty ass recording of you, your guitar, and a little toy piano. I know that I won't waste my time responding to people's ads unless they have recordings up for me to listen to.

Okay, moral of the story is that you need to put in 110% effort to make it happen or you'll have a hard time.

• Members

OK, seriously. Here's what you do.

Dig a really big hole, and throw all your money and personal relationships in it. Light all that stuff on fire. Next, wait for the fire to nearly destroy everything, Then you pour beer on the fire to put it out. Repeat as needed.

That should get you pretty close.

I am gaining insight on the Whores mystique.

• Members

try to find music lovers. avoid musicians
. search the record stores and go to shows.

Truer words. I had a friend in high school who I started a band with a couple years ago. Or TRIED to. He kept wanting to notate our songs into sheet music so we could "rehearse at home" :facepalm:

Archived