Question please? Buffers?

• Members

Takes a high impedance signal and makes it low impedance. Result? The high end you lose from lots of cable and too many true bypass pedals is restored. Not a very drastic difference, so I wouldn't go buying a really expensive buffer, no more than $40 buck max. Any boss pedal has a buffer in it, so you can go that route. I currently have a General Guitar Gadgets IC buffer that I built that's on my board. Makes a small improvement, nothing more. I run it at 12v for a little extra headroom and clarity. Again, it's nothing drastic at all.

• Members

Takes a high impedance signal and makes it low impedance. Result? The high end you lose from lots of cable and too many true bypass pedals is restored. Not a very drastic difference, so I wouldn't go buying a really expensive buffer, no more than $40 buck max. Any boss pedal has a buffer in it, so you can go that route. I currently have a General Guitar Gadgets IC buffer that I built that's on my board. Makes a small improvement, nothing more. I run it at 12v for a little extra headroom and clarity. Again, it's nothing drastic at all.

Yep it's pretty subtle unless you have a pretty big board or {censored}ty cables. I got nearly much the same effect [more highs] from switching to good quality patch cables. My Rat and Fuzz Face clones hated seeing a buffer anywhere in the chain anyway, way too bright.

Archived