Effectology How to recreate "Doctor Who" on Guitar

• Members

Thanks for watching and the great comments everybody!

Yes Delia was VERY hot, a brilliant musician, super smart and from the radio interviews I heard of her later in her life she was VERY fun.

This one was great to do as I was able to emulate non-keyboard sounds.
Delia did this with out a synth or keyboards.
It was hundreds of hours of tape loops and test oscillators played by hand!
Check her BBC studio, its so cool:

udpstudio_blowup.jpg

deliaworkshop.jpg
Bill

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey Kung

I am sorry you feel sus.

My goal is just to have guys look at what they can do with the voice of the guitar and effects.

Guitar is unlimited with out having to resort to triggering an outside oscillator or sound sample made by someone else.

If you do not own EHX pedals use the ones you do own.

Any distortion pedal makes white noise!

Need a filter use your, use any Wha pedal.

It works great!

This is just another way to look at what we do and think beyond the norm.

We are SO luck to play guitar,we need to take it further!

Thanks for watching Kung.

Bill

Yeah, I know. For some reason I feel a little sus on the effectologies these days. It would take someone here to have all these pedals, set them as as is demonstrated, record it and post it here to prove that Yeah, you can convincingly make these sounds if you have a dozen ehx pedals. Then I'd be impressed again.

It's like somone with a million piece lego set building a replica of ancient Sumeria and saying Hey you can too! Sure I can.

• Members

Hey,some times there is no point:-)

Kung, what is the music scene like in South Korea???
Is there a studio scene??

Where I live there is a HUGE south Korean population.
The best grocery stores here are by far the Korean ones and they are super stores.
Giant with the best food.

sorry I'm just going thru a what's the point of it all phase at the moment.

• Members

I actually like Matt Smith's Dr quite a lot. Reminds me of a cross between Patrick and Peter. Oddly enough he's more the Dr than the two previous in the new series. I really like Tennant, but the writing was so {censored}ing awful there was no way I could like him in this series.

• Members
I actually like Matt Smith's Dr quite a lot. Reminds me of a cross between Patrick and Peter. Oddly enough he's more the Dr than the two previous in the new series. I really like Tennant, but the writing was so {censored}ing awful there was no way I could like him in this series.

Someone described this current episode with the Silurians as "Classic Who" as it gets for this series. It's in the middle of nowhere, with a small cast and mystery. If this were with Tennant, the Silurians would've invaded already, and it would've been in the middle of London :facepalm:

• Members

Hey,some times there is no point:-)

Kung, what is the music scene like in South Korea???

Is there a studio scene??

Where I live there is a HUGE south Korean population.

The best grocery stores here are by far the Korean ones and they are super stores.

Giant with the best food.

Hi. I think there is something of a small recording industry here but from my perspective it seems mostly tube-screamery only.

Seif-0-Kyusaha would have a better idea.

Once when I was at the guitar tech shop waiting for him to fix my thing a girl, highschool girl mind you, walked in to pic up her fully loaded pedal train. That was kind of impressive.

Archived