Best way to sell old DVDs?

t-rey

• Members

Since me and the lady just moved we took some time to go through our dvds and get rid of some. We probably have 50ish - mostly older movies (and a couple VHS as well :eek: I have no idea why she was hanging on to tapes) that we wanted to get rid of.

So what's the best way to do this?

Ebay seems kinda ridiculous and involving alot of work to only make a couple bucks on each movie (if they sell at all).

I have been thinking about taking them to a pawn shop and seeing if they will buy the lot, but I have never sold anything to a pawn shop and don't know how good or bad of an idea this is.

The other thing I have seen is video game stores that take dvds (don't know if that is better or worse than pawn shops) and online companies that buy dvds then pay you (which seems a bit sketch to me).

Any advice?

• Members

That stuff is hard to give away, much less sell. We were all suckered into buying {censored}loads of media in the last 20 years -- me included.

I'm holding onto mine. I like having a hard copy of stuff. I don't trust computer harddrives. Mine are all boxed up secure and in storage.

• Members

Spam thread? I love cheap dvds.

Touche - I hadn't considered the spam thread yet. Of course the shipping thing would probably be a bitch...worth a shot though. Maybe I will get a list together and put them up later. Need to clean out the video games too...

• Members

Touche - I hadn't considered the spam thread yet. Of course the shipping thing would probably be a bitch...worth a shot though. Maybe I will get a list together and put them up later. Need to clean out the video games too...

don't those padded envelope things cds come in cost like 1.50 to ship? I bet you can get a dvd in one. and 5 bucks for a used dvd is quite reasonable. I love the 5/10 dollar movie racks at grocery stores. They usually have some gems in em.

• Members

Over in the UK we have CEX which is just a games/DVD/cd shop where they buy and sell, and cos it's so easy it's worth the relatively little money you get, especially if you're doing it in bulk. More than a pawn shop, certainly.

I'm SURE there must be a similar shop in the US of A.

• Members
don't those padded envelope things cds come in cost like 1.50 to ship? I bet you can get a dvd in one. and 5 bucks for a used dvd is quite reasonable. I love the 5/10 dollar movie racks at grocery stores. They usually have some gems in em.

I forgot about the envelopes. Yep you can get a regular sized case in there. This is turning into a better idea all the time. Of course once everyone sees the list I will loose any credz I have here :lol: (unless I put a big disclaimer at the top that alot of these flicks belong to the fiance).

Archived