Craiglist Good Deal on Twin?

Jarrizle

• Members

This seems like a pretty good deal based on what I've seen these go for lately on Ebay and the likes. 2 hours away from Austin and 90 minutes away from Houston. Just trying to hook up a fellow forumite. This listing isn't mine and I don't know who it is but I just ran across it while looking over Craigslist. It's missing one knob and apparently the reverb needs some work, but it still looks like a pretty good deal.

Edit: I forgot to post the link the first time :facepalm:

http://collegestation.craigslist.org/msg/1778384411.html

• Members

I'd stay way far away from that amp. it's pcb and they're known for being unreliable and a lot of amp guys won't work on them. I'm not saying they sound bad, just they're construction is {censored}. my bandmate has one that needs work and it's going to cost him. I would just pay a couple hundred more and get a real silverface twin.

• Members

I'd stay way far away from that amp. it's pcb and they're known for being unreliable and a lot of amp guys won't work on them. I'm not saying they sound bad, just they're construction is {censored}. my bandmate has one that needs work and it's going to cost him. I would just pay a couple hundred more and get a real silverface twin.

maybe for the old ones, but the new ones are solid... I kinda like mine but it's too {censored}ing big/loud and I only use the clean channel, no onboard verb/trem/gain/loop so I want to get rid of it at some point for a small clean one channel combo.

Archived