NAD (Vox content)

• Members

Yet another AC4TV thread. :)

So, due to an unfortunate series of events, i finally got an AC4TV after a lot of work. I have just set it up and the tone is just wonderful. I have a Laney Cub 10 before this and i greatly prefer the Vox. the 4-watt setting is definitely the best. The construction isn't the best but for the price it's what i'd expect. Also, it looks great in all white.

img0683r.jpg

img0686m.jpg

I have a question to all you other AC4TV owners/knowledgeable people. I notice there is a hum/buzz as i turn up the volume. It seems to go away if i touch my strings and comes back if i'm not in contact with them. I'm guessing this, combined with the fact the plug is a 2-pronged one, is a grounding issue and not and issue with this unit itself? I have had the same issues on 2 other Vox amps I owned. For some reason over here they insist on 2 pronged plugs when the norm is 3.

• Members

No matter what amp you're using, if you remove your hands from a guitar's strings, you
will
normally hear an increase in hum and buzz. Most guitars have a ground wire that goes from the bridge (and thus the strings) to the output's ground terminal.

I figured that. I was just kinda worried that it buzzed more compared to my Laney. It oddly seems better now, haha.

Archived