RC-2 footswitch problem...

• Members

Sounds like it (the T2) has the wrong type of switch...

Whereas most tap tempo-type switches will be a 'normally open' type, the RC-2 requires a 'normally closed' one.

The Boss FS-5U has a toggle switch so it can be set to either configuration (open or closed).

• Members

While on this subject, who was it (on these forums) that used to mod RC-2's with 2 extra switches to eliminate having to press twice to stop a loop and whatnot?? :confused:

Edit: nm, I found a tutorial on youtube, it's a simple mod.

• Members
just out of curiosity, how do you guys use you RC-2's? does anyone actually use them at shows?
:confused:
if so, then in what ways?

as for the RC-2 mod, not sure who does it, but Crxsh has one modded i believe...so ask him
:D

I use mine primarily for practice and music writing. Occasionally I'll use it live for a drone part or something really repetitious. I got to watch Phil Keaggy using loops last week - un{censored}ingbelievable. Now THAT man is a legend.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cow4prez/2515146664/in/set-72157623612481657/ is the mod I was talking about. Pretty good explanation on how to do it and it's easy to do.

• Members

Sounds like it (the T2) has the wrong type of switch...

Whereas most tap tempo-type switches will be a 'normally open' type, the RC-2 requires a 'normally closed' one.

The Boss FS-5U has a toggle switch so it can be set to either configuration (open or closed).

This

• Members

Depending what switch they used, you may be able to rewire it. Some switches are both Normally Open and Normally Closed and which way it functions depends on how you wire it. Maybe you can just rewire it so it doesn't delete your loops.

Archived