Opinions on Marshall Drivemaster

• Members

What does everyone think on these? I'm considering buying one to replace my reutz modded Rat 2 after the lack of treble and too much bass started getting to me. Comparisons with Shredmaster? (I don't intend on buying one, so no fanboi comments)

• Members

they are fantastic. I couldn't give it away for $50 usd shipped on this forum, but it sold for a bit more on eBay.

It's a great amp-in-a-box with a versatile eq. I feel like you can dial in Marshall sounds from different eras up through the jcm900. In the end, however, it's just an ic-based pedal and it will never blow you away -- but it's a great deal considering how no one seems to value them.

• Members

Why don't you reverse the Ruetz mod on the Rat?

I've heard good things about the Drivemaster, but it's the one Marshall pedal I've never used.

The Guv'nor is really good, but I find it to be a bit of a one-trick pony.

I've never really liked the Shredmaster; it sounds OK as a low gain OD/boost, but it always sounds artificial to me.

The BluesBreaker is probably my favourite, but it's fairly low gain so possibly not what you want.

• Members

they are fantastic.
I couldn't give it away for $50 usd shipped on this forum, but it sold for a bit more on eBay.

It's a great amp-in-a-box with a versatile eq. I feel like you can dial in Marshall sounds from different eras up through the jcm900. In the end, however, it's just an ic-based pedal and it will never blow you away --
but it's a great deal considering how no one seems to value them.

They seem to be going up in value on ebay UK...

Whereas everyone used to want the Shredmaster, and BluesBreakers and Drivemasters used to be really cheap, the trend has shifted so that BluesBreakers sell for the most now; Shredmaster prices go up and down, and Drivemaster prices have almost doubled in the last year.

Archived