OT: P90X - Anyone here doing it?

Meriphew

• Members

I've been into athletics since I was a kid, and have been doing light weight training/running for the last 7-8 years. A few friends of mine recommended P90X, so I started it about 4 weeks ago. It really is a great workout. It takes some sweat and some dedication, but it does what it claims it will do. Highly recommended!

• Members

I've been a Crossfit guy for about 2 years now. Before that I just ran a lot and lifted a fair amount. P90x seems ok, I don't know too much about it. I like Crossfit mostly because all the movements are functional and the workouts are usually pretty interesting. I still run like crazy.

At the end of the day, as long as I get smoked in some way, I'm happy.

• Members

what does an arrangement like that cost? if you don't mind me asking..

I get a deal because my trainer is also my friend, and I was his first client after he got his certification.

He charges $20/half hour 3x a week for his regular clients, I think.

I justify spending money on it by remembering that I used to spend about $70/week on smokes before I quit (2 packs a day @ about $5 each in GA, times 7 days a week).

{censored} was retarded, and I did it for years. Now I work out.

edit: Ima be up in dat mitten (Battle Creek) in the first week of August.

• Members

I get a deal because my trainer is also my friend, and I was his first client after he got his certification.

He charges $20/half hour 3x a week for his regular clients, I think.

I justify spending money on it by remembering that I used to spend about $70/week on smokes before I quit (2 packs a day @ about $5 each in GA, times 7 days a week).

{censored} was retarded, and I did it for years. Now I work out.

edit: Ima be up in dat mitten (Battle Creek) in the first week of August.

I'm getting ready to make another attempt at giving up cigarettes. What worked for you? I just have a string of failures.

• Members

When I decided that I was going to quit, I gave myself two months where I lit a cigarette and smoked the entire thing every single time I got the urge.

I started by stopping smoking in the car, then after meals, then after sweet, sweet lovemaking.

I bought all three phases of the patch that I needed (six weeks on the strongest dose, 2 weeks on the middle and 2 weeks on the last) and followed it to the letter. I set a date, I got rid of all lighters, matches and ashtrays in my house, and stopped smoking.

It worked. The secret for me is remembering that it's not the caboose of a train that kills you. Don't pick up the first one and you will be fine.

Good luck!

• Members

I heard p90x was a bit of a crock of {censored}. but then again i have never tried it and everyone is always talking about how great it is. i just run when i can and lift about 5 days a week. need to do moar core and running for sure

• Members

I heard p90x was a bit of a crock of {censored}. but then again i have never tried it and everyone is always talking about how great it is. i just run when i can and lift about 5 days a week. need to do moar core and running for sure

Definitely not a COS. If you follow the routine, it will break your balls (in a good way).

• Members

A friend of mine has been following P90x strictly for the past several weeks and has improved his push ups and pull ups considerably. This is awesome especially considering he's in the military and push ups are part of a fitness assessment which can put your career in jeopardy if you can't pass it. He lost weight, looks better, and will have no problem passing a fitness assessment if he keeps it up.

Any workout program can be bull{censored} if you don't try.

But yeah, I'm all for stuff like this, especially body weight exercises. If anything is a crock of {censored}, it's 80% of what you see people doing in a normal "bro gym," doing bicep curls and {censored}. When will you ever need to do something in real life that requires that movement?

• Members

But yeah, I'm all for stuff like this, especially body weight exercises. If anything is a crock of {censored}, it's 80% of what you see people doing in a normal "bro gym," doing bicep curls and {censored}. When will you ever need to do something in real life that requires that movement?

i agree that 80% of what people are doing in the gym is a crock of {censored}, but i also think that weight training is a really important part of general exercise.

most people in the gym, however, are only doing pretty :facepalm: work outs

• Members

Another cool thing about P90X is that it isn't just about getting bigger muscles. There's also 3-4 DVDs that are heavy duty cardio workouts. If someone wanted to stay really slim and cut, they could just do those DVD's 4-5 times a week.

• Members

When will you ever need to do something in real life that requires that movement?

Thats kind of a half-assed statement. Your arms are going to look dis-proportioned if you work on your forearms and triceps; and put off biceps because you "never use that movement in real life."

Kinda like me with legs. I HATE working legs, and it shows. :cry:

• Members

Thats kind of a half-assed statement. Your arms are going to look dis-proportioned if you work on your forearms and triceps; and put off biceps because you "never use that movement in real life."

Kinda like me with legs. I HATE working legs, and it shows.
:cry:

i dont mind legs, but my knees are {censored}ty so i have a hard time doing enough weight to look proportional. but i force myself to do it because the guys with huge arms a chicken legs look stupid

• Members

What you heard was a crock of {censored}. I'm on 30 days, lost 15 lbs and stronger than ever (non-athletic). Lots of variation, pull ups, squats, core, push ups, plyometrics, weights, body weight, etc. I can see doing 2 rounds of this before having to start varying the program. Hybrid programs w/ p90x and insanity I have heard have awesome results.

Archived