Digitech XP glitching out

p00n

• Members

It sometimes freezes on patches, displays wierd numbers and simply {censored}s with me.

Does anyone else's act this way? It's a Jetpacks modded XP1000 btw, and I'm running it with a Cioks AC10 fwiw, but it also exhibits this sort of strange behaviour with it's original adapter. But it only started acting up after I used the Cioks. Hopefully I didn't fry {censored}, technically it should run just fine. 9V AC 800mA is more than the 500mA it requires.

I'm thinking the stoppers limiting the maximum sweep of the treadle are slipping, so it can't register values past that point properly. The Cioks juts out a little below the PT, so I added stoppers under the board to prop it up, and the foam on the PT hardcase exerts pressure on the treadle. I've moved the treadle stoppers closer to the fulcrum and it glitches less, but it still glitches once in a while.

• Members

Do the calibration. That should fix it up. You should be able to find the manual through Google.

I calibrate it every time I take it out of the case, but it still occasionally glitches. Sometimes it freezes at the calibration screen or immediately after the calibration.

• Members

I eventually sold mine about 6 months ago. Calibrating always put mine straight. Sorry to hear you're having issues with yours. Great pedal, but I needed the $ to afford my TTE.

It's such a great swiss army knife of strangeness. It's a massive addition to my tonal palette, but I just need to get it working right with my rig, reliability issues would be a dealbreaker.

• Members

It's as if it has a mind of it's own. I plugged it in again, and it was fine for a while, then glitched badly no matter what I did. I popped the casing open, admired it's guts, and it worked perfectly again with both power supplies.

I'll try again tomorrow and see if it still behaves.

Archived